Shark Boat (TV show about Hawaii Shark Encounters)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not in favor of creating laws that goes against my right to view sharks in the ocean 3 miles out.
I'm in favor of changing the laws to NO CHUM against the fishermen who blatenly bait their nets and traps all along our coastline (within the 3mile limit). We aren't in the dark ages of technology so using the excuse of doing it the Hawaiian way for culture is dumb at best since it creates the issues of safety for those who use the shoreline (not 3 miles out).

Since our tourist economy has been hurt by the recession, why ban shark touring if it's what the public wants? To me it's just shooting ourselves in the foot to tell the public to go somewhere else to take their vacations. Mind you, I'm OK with the 3 mile limit opertion and NO chumming even there. Don't need it, since the sharks are there to begin with.

not a fan of cages of any kind so i pass on the shark dives. i dont think its wise to bait the sharks in. i dont see the educational benefit of it at all. ususally you want to see the animal in its natural state.preconditioning a reaction from a wild animal can come back to bite ya.there are some spots where you dont have to bait the sharks cause they already there. its all really the same song with a different beat in the end cause state government is going to do what ever they feel like doing.....lack of resistance is encouraging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom