Sharing your view on regulators

Votes on regs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunshine Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi seniors,

As some of you may know I just bought a atomic b2 & z2 octo reg set (posted on the other thread) and I am very excited to use the new toys in my incoming trip.

I read up about mk25 s600 & atomic b2 in this forum and everything aside, the performance of these regs were rated very high. However, I do heard from a shop that these 2 regs for example is very average. Which is contradicting to what I've read in this forum and websites like scuba lab.

I ask the shop keeper so what reg or brand provides the best performance? He replied Apeks.
To me it sounds like heavy personal opinions but not on a neutral perspective..

Could many of you seasonal divers/ professionals here share your view here in regards to the saying of the performance of scubapro & atomic regs?

Cheers

I cant talk for Atomic...

But for Scubapro and Apex, both are very solid performers. I personally have 9 sets of MK25/S660/S600 for family and friend and there are robust, work flawlessly and are easy to service. I am in a dive club and we have about 20 sets of Apex regs. There are no complaints from any divers renting these.

Go diving and enjoy your regs :)

What is your poll? Is it what I own, of some form of preference? You may be best to ask a specific question, but then we are all bias or lack knowledge of all options...

I have a T3 with B2 octo and am very happy with them. Atomic regs are known to be rock solid, reliable and all perform essentially the same (great) - so if you like the way they breathe, why care what the LDS says?

I cant talk for Atomic...

But for Scubapro and Apex, both are very solid performers. I personally have 9 sets of MK25/S660/S600 for family and friend and there are robust, work flawlessly and are easy to service. I am in a dive club and we have about 20 sets of Apex regs. There are no complaints from any divers renting these.

Go diving and enjoy your regs :)

What is your poll? Is it what I own, of some form of preference? You may be best to ask a specific question, but then we are all bias or lack knowledge of all options...

Poll is for your preferences of regs lol :cheers:

I have a T3 with B2 octo and am very happy with them. Atomic regs are known to be rock solid, reliable and all perform essentially the same (great) - so if you like the way they breathe, why care what the LDS says?

Just that I got a very different information that's why am asking for advice :)

Tecline, awesome gear for best prices.

I would say that their top end regs are close enough in performance to be called the same. On average I personaly would put Apeks on top, I feel like they don't have a low end model.

It requires testing equipment to tell a difference between good modern regulators. They're all good performers. If the shop is trying to convince you to get rid of your Atomic and buy an Apeks, he just wants to sell you a regulator. There is no legitimate justification for switching on the basis of 'performance'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom