Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:1balloon: :1balloon: :1balloon: 100 post :admin: for Chatterton :thumb: :balloon

:wave-smil
:rock_band

My Dad read the book and gave it to me. He doesn't dive but really enjoyed the read as I also thought it was amazing. Thanks for sharing the story John.

Mike

Chatterton:
Hi back at y'all

I told y'all he was becoming a Hoi Toider:)

Pics at the Papoose and the Aeolus last week. Viz was great...NOT...Dark and cold...Can you say Greenforce:)
Went to Radio Island rock jetty yesterday. 68 degrees in a 3 ml...Dived 50 minutes and froze my ass off...It was a last minute thing...Didn't have another suit...So dive with a 3 ml or don't dive....Umm...

PICT1211.jpg

PICT1205.jpg

PICT1159.jpg

PICT1202.jpg

Hello John C,

Loved SD and DSD. I am an avid history buff. BUT, I never got enough of diving in the shows. Was there a reason diving wasn't covered a little more other than it was the History Chanel? Would love to see more info on your dive tecniqes, equipment etc. Loved the show from england area when Richy finally went to a computer. Would have liked to see why he was slow in switching over. He was also slow in going to rebreathers. Still haven't seen a show that REALLY covers diving.
I am really pumped to see SD movie come out:D
What made you change from the mares fins to the Force fin? What modle of FF fin do you like and why?

Another FANTASTIC book is:

Descent into Darkness Pearl Harbor, 1941 (The True Story of a Navy Diver) By Edward Raymer

Couldn't put this one down.

THX Ed

Nice pics Bobby! Nice that that dry suit is getting a workout! hahaha! I'm finally getting wet this weekend..gonna hang out with an OW class to start getting used to the Transplate. (I'm taking my 7mm though!)

I got really tired of waiting for someone to check me out so I went to the pool yesterday (Sunday) while another instructor did a class. I read the manual, put the damned thing on and did the check out myself.
Did the drills over and over and felt very comfortable. The pool is 20 feet so I had plenty of depth to do the drills. It was really fun and I love the the DUI. Still gonna do some shallower dives in it before I go too deep.

Here's the latest "tease" from Gary Gentile's "Newsletter". This blurb was on the end of a larger article on some North Carolina wrecks (Bobby, did you get this , if not I can send you the whole thing, lemme know)

My next newsletter will investigate the startling news about the real discovery of the U-869. New evidence now proves conclusively that the wreck was first dived in 1989, three years prior to the so-called "discovery" that was given in the fictional book Shadow Divers. I interviewed three divers who were on the real discovery trip.
The first diver to see the wreck was Chuck Wine. He dived on the wreck from Bill Nagle's Seeker.

I'm waiting with baited breath!

I got that email also..... Gary's been trying to "tease us" with this investigation for a year now....

yet he never has produced any of this "new evidence".

I ordered some of the books mentioned in this thread and have been waiting for them to arrive. I love reading books about diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom