Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey John. Nice to see you hear. If you have a chance, take a look at the photo in my profile. I'm sure you'll see a couple of familiar faces.:rofl3:

and I thought it was going to be a picture of Moonie :wink:

Splitfins, no. Force Fins yes! I love my FF. Some day you will all be wearing them, like DIR! Somehow I almost always get back to the boat.

You are brutal!!

OMG. I bought a pair of Extra Force Fins last year. LeisurePro had them on the rack. I installed the straps and tried them in the pool a few times. Seem to work great. I just could not use them on a NJ boat for fear of ridicule. (Cap'n Zero tapes my feet every time I wear something dumb - which is often). You've inspired me. I will laminate your response and tape it to the underside of each fin.

Brutal? Nothing yet. Just you wait. :evilsmile

I snuck a look at one of my presents under the tree.....guess what I am getting....Shadow Divers!!! After everything I have read on SB, I can't wait to get started!

I snuck a look at one of my presents under the tree.....guess what I am getting....Shadow Divers!!! After everything I have read on SB, I can't wait to get started!

You will love Shadow divers!! Best read and best audio book I have ever read and listend to!!

John and Richie are amazing!!

A quick question for all you "solo" divers out there. After reading "The Last Dive", do you not believe that if Chris had been accompanied by his Dad, or other "buddy", that those book cases that fell on him could have been lifted and allowed him to return to the surface safely?

It seems that everyone thinks that a buddy is only there to give you air in an OOA situation. There are so many other potential hazards that a quick assist from a buddy could solve.

I am a strong proponent for self sufficaintcy, but that along with a team or buddy, makes for a much better dive.
I have been freed from a serious intanglement. If not for a buddy, it would have been far different.

Does the buddy have to have been with you under the falling bookcase in order for it to have been a buddy dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom