Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi John and just wanted to say thank you very much for interacting with us! Do you ever just "cruise around the reef" anymore? I am new to both diving and the board and want to get into some more advanced diving but in the meantime would be gratified to learn that even legends can enjoy an "easy" dive once in a while. Any advice for the aspiring wreck diver?

Cheers,
Lilla

Hi John and just wanted to say thank you very much for interacting with us! Do you ever just "cruise around the reef" anymore? I am new to both diving and the board and want to get into some more advanced diving but in the meantime would be gratified to learn that even legends can enjoy an "easy" dive once in a while. Any advice for the aspiring wreck diver?

Cheers,
Lilla

L,

Sure, I love to cruise the reef/wreck every now and again. Then I feel guilty because I should be testing my new rebreather/camera/suit/whatever. I really have fun getting in the water with a job to do. That's why I always loved commercial diving.

As for advice, work hard at preparation. I am a fun loving guy but the diving end of things is very serious for me. I certainly do not expect everyone to push ashard as I like to, but I expect everyone to be prepared.

Cheers

Hi John,
welcome to SB (later is better than never) :D

I had a question on SD ... but you responded to it already when you signed my copy of the book at DEMA - Las Vegas in 200x (2 years ago?). My question was related to the differences between SD and Last Dive regarding the chopper rescue of the son.

Anyway,
thank you for stopping by at our booth at DEMA. May I post your picture?

Best Regards,

I_AM

Sure?? Maybe it is a good one???

Cheers

John; lets see, a year or so ago you were having a bad day because you were in Key West and had been drinking with some Navy SOF types the night before. The next morning its bright and sunny, you had a hang over, and couldn't find your sun glasses.

My comment then is the same as now, Life is tough!

So, as we in the Northeast watch the ice rinks that we call our yards and drive ways, please tell us about how being in the Dominican Republic is so tiring.

Give me a call when you get back, still have some good stuff to show you.

Take Care

Pete Johnson

Pete,

Last week I tried to get to Groton and got stuck in RI, on I95, in the gridlock snowstorm. I figure I am owed a little sunburn??? Maybe not, but I will take what I can get. My wife tells me it is snowing in Maine??

CHeers

Hi John, I was just curious if you've ever done much diving in the Great Lakes, and if so do you have any favourite wrecks there?

Jim

Sure seems like BOTH sides sell a lot of books...

Not. C'mon that's a joke. Gary self-publishes through Bellepheron. I doubt whether ALL of his book sales has come even close to SD.

Sure?? Maybe it is a good one???

Cheers

oooopppps ... I just discovered that I do not know how to post a picture on SB :shakehead:

But I know how to insert an url link ...... :D

Picure is here -> http://www.divenav.com/Pictures/DiveNav_JC2.jpg

Regards,

I_AM

P.S.
I forgot to get your business card at DEMA :( ..... but you have mine :14: could you please email to me?

Hello I_am,

It's Dennis We had the booth next to you. Hope all is well.

Dennis

sure I remember .... I even tried to help you sell your product at the show :D

Being very busy here ..... but we like it like that:wink:

Ciao

I_AM

Pete,

Last week I tried to get to Groton and got stuck in RI, on I95, in the gridlock snowstorm. I figure I am owed a little sunburn??? Maybe not, but I will take what I can get. My wife tells me it is snowing in Maine??

CHeers

Doing something at the Sub Base or stopping by to see the guys at NURC? Ivar still owes me some ROV time on the Lightship LV-51 - But I'd rather dive it. We found the fog bell and could do a lift with ease, but have loads of Coast Guard and other agency paper to work through first.

Got another historical project in all of 15 feet that looks promising.I still want to show you some of the ROV stuff that will blow you away. Might be a good tryout for the MEG. Both wrecks are in the 500-650 range. But I have one in 3200 that is unbelievable!

As for getting stuck on I-95, well welcome to Southern Newengland. My sister in law was on I-84 through Hartford for 7 hours getting home that night.

Pete
Pete

Here are some photos taken by Kevin Morris who was on the MJN Memorial trip. Kevin was kind enough to email them to me and I cut down the number of photos. There are pictures of Evan Kovacs, a videographer who has a fascinating story of how he got to where he is, JD Greer a Iraq veteran involved with Wounded Warriors, who is an absolute hoot, very funny guy. And John of course, who is also very funny, and some pictures of the crew, some passengers I did not know, and my daughter and I who are nothing special; http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZuXLFozcuGLjw

All credit to Kevin Morris who should be getting certified any day now.

This weekend is a fundraiser for DAN, a very worthy effort. If anyone is interested the next one will be Oct 31, 2008. The trip is a lot of fun and for a good cause

Back
Top Bottom