several dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just got back on the 14th. Had great weather and dive ops. Yes multiple ops.

My favorite is Raul at Bottomtimedivers.net. But I was his only that week so....

Raul made arrangements for us to joined Jeremy (Living Underwater) on his boat since he also had only 1. Went north and had 2 great dives.

Day 2= Raul and I This time joined Alison (dive with Alison) who had 2 other divers and had 2 more great dives.

Day 3 + 4 Raul talking to Michaela at Liquid Blue divers who I know also, found she had some divers I have had the pleasure of a meeting last year. So he place me on her boat. 4 fantastic dives.

I have been diving with Jeremy and Liquid Blue before and Have known them for years as well as meeting Alison last year at a Scubaboard dinner. So there was no problem for me going with them.

All 4 of these OPS worked together transferring my gear so I didn't touch it for 4 days except to do a morning check. Raul took care of everything and I payed him only, so there would be no hassle about who to pay and when.

It is great to know that these Ops work hard to make one feel as comfortable as can be and help each other out when the need arises.

It has been very slow in Coz lately and this is one way the smaller ops can survive.

If you need an Op try 1 of these, you won't regret it.

Great to hear how well they work together to give the diver the best they can provide during a low season. Nice of you to mention it. Larry

...WOW ! ...very slow sounds like the understatement of the century ! Can you venture a guess at to why the massive 'slowness' ? (it is nice how the diff ops cooperated with each other though)

Hey Lou!

Raul is a great guy! I'm not surprised that he took good care of you. To bad that business is so slow for everyone. I know that you've dove with these ops before, but it's still a great way to experience other ops without losing the company and guidance of Raul.

How was the rest of your diving and trip?

PH

Glad to hear all the ops worked together to make sure you were taken care of - but then that's to be expected of the dive ops in Coz. Professional courtesy at it's best!

We've been diving with Alison for about 5 years now, and love her to death! We'll be diving with her in about 5 weeks. Glad to see a recommendation going out for her ... and the others. With business this slow, they all need any help we can give them!

...WOW ! ...very slow sounds like the understatement of the century ! Can you venture a guess at to why the massive 'slowness' ? (it is nice how the diff ops cooperated with each other though)

This has been a slow year due to the economy and the flu - in addition, September (which the locals call "Sept-hambre", and hambre meaning hunger) and October tend to be really slow months anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom