Trip Report Cozumel photos May 25 - 27 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColoDale

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Another friend came down for some diving (@loudives ) so I dove three more days after last week. I ditched the macro lens however the currents these days were slow and vis good. The weather is getting hot but we are having some afternoon and evening rainstorms. The numbers of mosquitos seem to be picking up a bit.

The last dive we saw a large loggerhead that is not the same as the large older one we have seen the last few years. We met @mcpowell and his son on the boat for a day of diving - their last. We dove with Raul and Scuba Diving Cozumel | Bottom Time Divers Cozumel.

Over the last two weeks, we dove Yucab, La Francesa, Palancar Caves, San Franciso (top and wall), Cedral wall, Punta Tunich and wall, Tormentos and Santa Rosa and some more than once. Generally our divers choice of sites is "go where there are no boats".

We saw many goldentail moray eels and not a lot of brown spotted moray eels. A few big green morays, a couple free swimming. Quite a lot of scorpionfish. We did see hawksbill turtles but more green turtles on these dives. We kept looking for small stuff in the sand like pipefish, pipehorse, lettuce sea slugs, sole but really only found one pipehorse one day. These things just tend to run in cycles. Raul did find two pike blennies sparring but I was too far away to get photos. Quite a few toadfish that were mostly tucked under too much for good photos. We did however have good luck with seahorses.

5 pics per page so posting multiple reply pages.

Flamingo Tongue
Coz May 2023 Flamingo Tongue 001c.jpg

Southern Stingray
Coz May 2023 Southern Stingray 001c.jpg

Queen Angelfish
Coz May 2023 Queen Angelfish 001c.jpg

Scorpionfish
Coz May 2023 Scorpionfish 004c.jpg

Green Turtle
Coz May 2023 Green Turtle 001c.jpg

A few more

Two Roughback Batfish. Normally we find these on the flats but these were on a reef.
Coz May 2023 Roughback Batfish 001c.jpg

Longsnout Seahorse. This one did not want to turn around.
Coz May 2023 Longsnout Seahorse 009c.jpg

Sunburst. I decided to try this with the Oly (m.zuiko) 12-50mm lens and it seems to work ok.
Coz May 2023 Sunburst 001c.jpg

Goldentail Moray Eel
Coz May 2023 Goldentail Moray Eel 003c.jpg

Christmas tree worm
Coz May 2023 Christmas Tree Worm 001c.jpg

Two more.

Pair of Flamingo tongues. The flamingo tongue shots turned out well in general so I am doing it again.
Coz May 2023 Flamingo Tongue 002c.jpg

School of Boga fish
Coz May 2023 Boga fishschool 001c.jpg

Nice pics.

Loved all of these! Thanks for posting your talents! Really can't get over the eye in the scorpionfish shot!!!

Great pics! They make miss Cozumel.

Buddy spotted Lou walking downtown, as we drove to the airport; we called out to him but he didn’t hear us.

Great pics! They make miss Cozumel.

Buddy spotted Lou walking downtown, as we drove to the airport; we called out to him but he didn’t hear us.
Bwahahahaha. Yeah, his hearing is shot.

Viz looked clear & nice. Thanks for posting the great picts!!

Back
Top Bottom