Setting up regulator servicing bench

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I wanted a complete professional setup, for best efficiency,
A.I.R. Flow Analyzer, Four SpinOns, & Floating Wall Bracket Assy

If I understand correctly, it takes a low pressure source (e.g. from a common low PSI compressor) and it is able to duplicate any tank pressure I want, from 3000psi to 500psi?

I

Dual Drive Inline Adjusting Tool

Thanks in advance!

How is it that these expensive things enhance efficiency? For that matter are these found on most "professional" benches? A sink full of water, a ruler, a crescent wrench and a screw driver can get you pretty far. A tube of oxygen compatible, grease, a hook spanner and a pressure gauge are the only special items in my kit. Granted an in line tool could save you several minutes per first stage. That might seem necessary if you are doing 10 first stages per day but not so much if you are doing just a handful over the course of a year. Go get the Vance Harlow book and visit a shop or two and see what they use. For the low and high pressure sources those would be scuba tanks.

How is it that these expensive things enhance efficiency? For that matter are these found on most "professional" benches? A sink full of water, a ruler, a crescent wrench and a screw driver can get you pretty far. A tube of oxygen compatible, grease, a hook spanner and a pressure gauge are the only special items in my kit. Granted an in line tool could save you several minutes per first stage. That might seem necessary if you are doing 10 first stages per day but not so much if you are doing just a handful over the course of a year. Go get the Vance Harlow book and visit a shop or two and see what they use. For the low and high pressure sources those would be scuba tanks.

Probably you are right if you service only your own regulators or those of your dive business.

If you are planning to do professionally more or less nothing else but servicing regulators of Aqualung-Apeks, Scubapro-Subgear, Sherwood-Genesis, Mares, Cressi Sub, Tusa, Xs Scuba, Atomics, Oceanic and others you might consider to get yourself quite some special tools and professional equipment including a Flow Meter and a book which not only tells you how to do it, but how regulators work.

When I was just servicing my own stuff and the regulators of the dive ventures I was owning or managing, I was fine with the tools (and some more) you are mentioning.

Now working professionally on daily base on customers equipment I feel comfortable to be able to test my work with the means I have.

The easiest way to supply the HP Manager is from a HP scuba tank.

Thank you!

---------- Post added November 20th, 2014 at 11:22 AM ----------

Hope you enjoy the Asset course, I just finished it and got a lot out of it. Where re you doing the course?

In Pattaya Thailand

[/Quote] In Pattaya Thailand[/QUOTE]

Say hi to Steve for me. Great company and great instructor.

You will learn all about the tools required and how to source them in the class. Steve is a wealth of information on all things scuba and alot more. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom