Set Point Controller Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EternalCompression

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good day fellow CCR divers!!!

I am crossing over to a new CCR with a 4 pin setpoint controller. Has anybody or is it possible to use this SPC while doing just OC diving in between my CCR dives?
I know they make covers for the pins, but not sure if this is a reasonable expectation form a removable SPC. Yes I could buy another dive computer but like to continue to track my exposures through different modes. I am trying make better use of the equipment I have on hand. This will be a Petrel 3.

I appreciate the advice,
Scott

If it is 4-Pin and from Shearwater, I’m afraid it is not a controller, but a monitor.

Will it work? Yes. If you’re careless with your pins, you’ll eventually have issues. Use the appropriate cover, coat both female and female with mineral oil whenever connecting or disconnecting, and store dry, clean, and separated for best life.

I use my backup constant setpoint CCR computer as a primary OC device and don’t bother to carry the 4-Pin. As your proficiency goes up, you should find the tissue loading and expected stop times within a percent or two of one another.

If it is 4-Pin and from Shearwater, I’m afraid it is not a controller, but a monitor.

Will it work? Yes. If you’re careless with your pins, you’ll eventually have issues. Use the appropriate cover, coat both female and female with mineral oil whenever connecting or disconnecting, and store dry, clean, and separated for best life.

I use my backup constant setpoint CCR computer as a primary OC device and don’t bother to carry the 4-Pin. As your proficiency goes up, you should find the tissue loading and expected stop times within a percent or two of one another.
Thankyou for your time and advice, I will reverify my pin count and order a cover. Thanks Much!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom