Serious DIR question on ABS System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
So then the ACB system is DIR.

Marc

We could just go to the source. :wink:

K

Mo2vation:
We could just go to the source. :wink:

K

True. Are you a member of the Quest list?

Marc

Probably the best way is to ask a GUE instructor.

If you have taken DIR-F then ask the instructor who taught it.

If you are planning to take DIR-F ask the instructor you plan to take it from.

NWGratefulDiver:
I'm setting up my DIR rig for this week-end's class, and I don't have a single thing Halcyon.

FredT backplate/harness
Oxycheq wing
Turtle fins

Didn't realize till last night how stiff new harness webbing is ... should've soaked the stuff in fabric softener for a week or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob,
Off topic, but did you remove your QRs? If so, how are you doing without them? I have kinda' a sholder issue and have one QR on the left side, which is why I ask.

pipedope:
Probably the best way is to ask a GUE instructor.

I have a set of ACB pockets, that I got from a GUE instructor as he was helping me setup my first rig.

FLL Diver:
True. Are you a member of the Quest list?

Marc

Never got into it over there... Do the DIR gods take away my secret decoder ring or Kool-aid pitcher for that? :eyebrow:

K

Mo2vation:
Never got into it over there... Do the DIR gods take away my secret decoder ring or Kool-aid pitcher for that? :eyebrow:
K

LOL. I don't think so. The best rants usually get crossposted elsewhere, so you can save your money.

The insults are at least free here. :D

Marc

Rick Inman:
Bob,
Off topic, but did you remove your QRs? If so, how are you doing without them? I have kinda' a sholder issue and have one QR on the left side, which is why I ask.

Hi Rick ... my QR's are on a different rig (my Dive Rite TransPlate).

I used the FredT plate and harness for the first time this week-end, for DIR-F. It's taking some getting used to, as it's a heavier plate, and the harness is completely different than what I've been diving.

I am not having any particular issues getting into and out of the rig ... but I didn't use the QR's anyway. This one-piece harness doesn't feel as comfortable or secure to me as the TransPlate system, but that may just be due to unfamiliarity. Most new things take a bit of getting used to.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom