Semi-Permanent Mascara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimbalabala

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yep - I was getting my natural hair color restored yesterday and saw an ad for semi-permanent mascara! It's called Cry-Baby. We'll be diving for the next week so I decided to try it ($45). It's supposed to be totally smudge, run, and everything else proof - and good for two weeks. The person at the salon had to put it on - it's a two step process - and I have to go back to have it taken off. I've only had it on for half a day but so far the only complaint I have is that she didn't separate my eyelashes like I do when I put on my own mascara.

If anyone's interested I'll let you know how it holds up for the next week. :blinking:

Seems like they've got a pretty good racket going, if you have to go to the salon to get it put on AND to take it off . . . I'll be curious as to how you like it, but nothing is going to get me into a salon every two weeks.

Oh im very interested to how it goes. What happens if you dont go back to the salon after 2 weeks and just leave it on?

There's always Latisse, in lieu of mascara:

Study participants experienced these results after 16 weeks:
  • Eyelash length increased by 25 percent.
  • Thickness and fullness increased by 106 percent.
  • Eyelash darkness increased by 18 percent.

Latisse seems a bit extreme to get full lashes after reading that link. Im so clumsy so would get it in my eyes and cause all sorts of problems! Also i cant imagine its easy to get a prescription for it, i know my doctor would laugh at me if i asked for one!

:rofl3: I thought it a bit extreme too, when my wife started using it. The potential side effects seem pretty dire for a cosmetic treatment, but vanity has no limit, apparently. As I understand it, though, the side effects have been observed in glaucoma treatment—the drug's original purpose—rather than in cosmetic use. It works well for my wife, with no side effects thus far. But with her dark brown eyes, discoloration is less of a concern than it otherwise might be.

I've tried just about every waterproof mascara from supermarket, multilevel marketing to high end department store. Right now I'm using Estee Lauder sumptuous waterproof. It does wear off a bit but without flakes and racoon eyes. Pool and Ocean. Still looking for holy grail concealer. Sincerly Scuba Diva.

Aah, but if you just avoid getting a leaky mask, your eye makeup stays on anyway... :)

I'm sorry, but just don't understand the need to put on any make up while engaged in a sport, let alone scuba.

It just gets in my way!
:kiss2:

Back
Top Bottom