Self Cleaning Cat Box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
What I've heard about the self-cleaning catboxes is that, if they activate prematurely, it'll scare that cat badly enough to give up litter boxes for good. I've never been willing to take that risk.

worth it, or something for people with too much money? we have 3 cats, if it really works it looks like it'd pay for itself in about 6 months just by not having to buy cat litter.

Behold, the Cat Genie:

CatGenie - The World's Only Self-Flushing, Self Washing Cat Box

I am currently trying a new sort of litter for my cats which is Carefresh pet bedding. There's no toxins in it and it has no clay or sand. It reminds me of soft cardboard - but fluffed up. I am trying different things to have my pets become a bit more green in their lifestyle.

Okay lots of questions;
Do your cats drag those granules around the house creating an impromptu beach?
Do you smell any odors that let you know that the cat box is in close proximity - I mean really-?
How long did it take your cats to learn use the box without getting spooked by the sudden noises or dryer?
What happens if Cat A uses the box and Cat B comes in to use it and the fan isn't quite done drying? Does Ca B drag sand all over the house?
Most importantly, what is the power usage of this when actively cleaning and again when it is resting idle? It seems like the drying would use a great deal of energy.

That's a cool posting!

In their FAQ it looks like they have an IR sensor or similar that keeps it from running while the cat is using it.

I've got 3 also and if it works it would be worth it.

I've always wondered if this worked

How to Toilet-Train Your Cat

It works great! (sort-of) :D

My sister tried it. The process takes several weeks and goes like this:

1. Put litter box in the bathroom, next to the toilet
  2. Each day, put another newspaper under the litter box, until it's as high as the toilet. (This trains the cat to jump up.)
  3. Put the litter box on top of the toilet
  4. Remove the lid
  5. Remove the litter box, cover the toilet seat with plastic-wrap and fill with litter
  6. Finally, remove the plastic-wrap and litter, and you have a cat that's trained to use the toilet.
It works perfectly until step 7, which is "Cat falls into the toilet, and spends the next several days wandering the house making horrible noises, afraid to pee or poop, and refusing to use any kind of litter box."

Terry

Well. I am a veterinarian and I am owned by six strictly indoor cats. I haven't tried the self-flushing litter box. I have tried the LitterMaid box. Seems the difference is in the "washing" of the litter. My experience with the LitterMaid is that: 1) It might not work so well with cats that like to spray on the side of the litterbox, i.e., urine gets on the sides of the thing and the walls and whatever else is is the way, and 2) If the stools are even slightly soft then the result can be a big mess. So, it might work for some cats, but not for my cats. I have six boxes and I scoop everyday, and really I think I should be doing it twice a day. Anyone want to buy a used LitterMaid at a reasonal price?

Feline is divine!

Cheers,
Lilla

I did not like my littermaid either...My cats trashed that thing...It's sitting in the garage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom