Seeking for special tank valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm wonder where i can find T-valve like Scubatec?
Used or new - doesn't matter. Only DIN, better if it will be 300BAR (4 351PSI), but 232BAR (3 364PSI) also be great to find.
I need Internet shop with delivering in Russia.
Foto:

Thank you!

Last edited:
Your English is fine. Can you use a H valve to accomplish the same goals? H valves are common in the states. Do you know what size threads you have in the neck of your tank? European and American are different.

Attachments

• h valve.jpg
    h valve.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 31
Well, I know that in Russia most common neck size is 25mm.(millimeter) But it's metric system, i don't know how convert into American. (May be 0,984 Inch will be better to understand?)

For me H valve is also nice. But my regs are DIN, and as far as i know 99% in US are YOKE.
If I'll buy valve in US am i able to connect my regs on it? If yes, so H valve also good choice for me!

Извините меня. Мой русский ужасен поэтому я буду писать по-английски вместо.

It's my understanding that the tank threads are universal, but I am not certain of this. That being said, you can find a 200 bar H-Valve HERE! It can be used for both Yoke and DIN regulators.

TH-SP-8024RH-SP-9020RH-1.jpg

NetDoc thank you for link and for try speaking Russian! :wink:
180USD is much. In my local DiveShop it's more cheaper. Price aprox. 50-70 USD will be great.
that the tank threads are universal
It is not. A know at least 2 different threads . But in Russian most common is 22mm. Like Faber tanks for example

European and American are not the same. European used 22mm and 25mm, American uses 7/8 inch and 3/4 inch. Thread pitch is different also. You will have a hard time finding European threads in America.

Frank

Европеец и американец не то же самое. Европеец использовал 22mm и 25mm, американец использует 7/8 дюйм и 3/4 дюйм. Подача нити отлична также. Вы будете иметь трудное время, находящее европейские нити в Америке.

Франк

to Wookie: so you think it is not good idea of seeking valve in US for using in EU?
What kind of tanks you are using in US? Most popular in EU is Faber. I also saw Mares and a lot of 7 liters 300BAR tanks using by firemans (they have different valves than Faber)

And finally automatiс translate machine are not as good as original message. For me it's much more easer read post in English :wink:

Yeah, I love reading what translation machines put out for what passes for english....

No, a 3/4" valve almost fits a 25mm cylinder, but not quite. Popular cylinders in North America are Luxfer and Catalina aluminum cylinders, both with 3/4" openings, as well as Worthington, Pressed Steel, and Fabers for steel tanks. The Pressed Steel 232 bar cylinders come with the smaller 7/8" neck, Worthingtons and Fabers have the 3/4" neck opening.

Here is a good place to read about North American cylinder neck openings: SCUBA Valves: Regulator Fittings, 200 vs 300 Bar FAQ and Cylinder Neck Threads - Dive Gear Express

Read especially the last paragraph.

Frank

european and american are not the same. European used 22mm and 25mm, american uses 7/8 inch and 3/4 inch. Thread pitch is different also. You will have a hard time finding european threads in america.

Frank

Европеец и американец не то же самое. Европеец использовал 22mm и 25mm, американец использует 7/8 дюйм и 3/4 дюйм. Подача нити отлична также. Вы будете иметь трудное время, находящее европейские нити в Америке.

Франк
Спасиба друг мои. Я ни знаию что ты гаварит па-русскиы. как Вы написал кажете правда мне. Пока!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom