(Seeking Feedback) TecLine Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingLuketw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi folks,

I'm considering buying a set of reg for warm water recreational diving, seeking for feedbacks on TecLine regulators, especially R2 + Tec2 octo set, since there are not much infomation/reviews on SB and other website. Other series of this brand is also open for suggestion.
1663211119229.png

Currently I'm leaning towards Apeks XTX200/XTX40 set, and Aqualung Legend MBS version, but TecLine has price advantage and it looks good. Any suggestion or feedback on these regs?

Thanks, and dive save.

TechLine is a small Polish company but most of their products, regulators, are made in Taiwan. They have good reputation in Europe overall.

I'd get the Apeks, or Scubapro, since Apeks/Al and Scubapro have the best dealer/support network around the world and getting service and parts won't be an issue with them.

TechLine is a small Polish company but most of their products, regulators, are made in Taiwan. They have good reputation in Europe overall.
Whoa, I thought it was made in Poland, I live in Taiwan and have never seem one before, I can't even find a single website/thread talking about Tecline in our local website. I guess I'll go for Apeks series, maybe XTX50 / XTX40 set as well.

Thanks

Whoa, I thought it was made in Poland, I live in Taiwan and have never seem one before, I can't even find a single website/thread talking about Tecline in our local website. I guess I'll go for Apeks series, maybe XTX50 / XTX40 set as well.

Thanks

TechLine doesn't exist in Taiwan, they subcontract the work to factories in Taiwan and China and put their logo on the products. They are primarily a European market company.

Reactions: Zef
TECLINE equipment is made in Taiwan. and R2TEC2 is comparably to XTX50/DST
While all Apeks XTX series are all the same parts and breathing performance in warm water is all the same, TEC2 breathes better than TEC1.

TL price is very good in many regions of the world. and parts aren't that hard to find. some parts are interchangeable with APEKS parts (although no manufacturer will recommend this).
First stage will come in satin finishing, but apeks will come in chrome. with the latter one has a thicker plating (imo scubapro also very good).

If a technician can service APEKS, they can do TECLINE. vice and versa.

all in all, if you are on budget, this will be the best reg to get.
if sky is the limit, take apeks, scubapro, or atomic aquatics.

I nearly bought a set of these, ended up with Scubapro simply due to servicing would be easier anywhere in the world. Hopefully Tecline is able to get a greater international coverage as they seem to have some great gear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom