Seeking Canister Light Counsel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manta:
Hey S.starfish,

Thanks for your support. Regarding the goodman handles, we designed our own called the lowRider, very popular, it is a low profile. The goodman handles from Green Foece are a little more bulky. Go to www.mantaindustries.com and take a look. BTW, we have 6 degree bulbs.

Thanks again
Greg

That looks almost exactly like what I made out of a piece of slate and surgical tubing to hold my light, except it's much more nice. How much do they go for and where can i pick one up in Vancouver, BC?

We may have already discussed this, been answering lots of PM's and have lost track. I offer a discount to SB members on Salvo products. Any members can PM me for a price.

Brent

Pook-60:
Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

Well...Salvo seems to be the winner. Time to embrace the horror and shell out the cash. Is there a better price than the $1199 I found for the 21W 9ah? Does Salvo offer a discount for SB folks?

TX
Dane

If I am not mistaken the Sea Elite light is a salvo light custom made for sea elite dealers. It does not have an adjustable head like the 10 watt salvo light available from salvo dealers (ME). Salvo dealers are also unable to get this light. It is a great price but you give up the adjustable head, the fixed head on this light is also fixed at a pretty wide setting, so it is less than ideal for signalling. I can sell you the adjustable head version of this light that retails for 725 for a little more than the sea elite one. I can't get it down to the sea elite price but I am not too far off from it. I can't post prices less than retail but PM me for info.

I usually run my 21 watt salvo at full focus as others have mentioned. I dont' think I would like the wide setting. I could be wrong though.

Brent

Dryglove:
I'll add one more light to your list. From what i understand this light is a relabled salvo.
http://www.divers-supply.com/Sea-Elite-10-Watt-4-5-amp-HID-Canister-Light-SP-p/sal0001.htm

Personally i really like the more powerful lights especially for day time diving. I have previously owned a halyon 10w and 18w and currently own a salvo 21w and really like it.

Howdy Folks

Thanks again for the excellent advice! I've received my Salvo 21W in the mail from Brent (hunter991...with discount) and this thing lights up the whole house! Can't wait to see what it does in the water...

I do wish Salvo would publish a manual to go with it...some folks (yours truly) like to have that little bit of written assurance we're heading the right direction. Other than that...this thing rocks!

TX
Dane

Believe me, you won't regret it!

Pook-60:
Thanks again for the excellent advice! I've received my Salvo 21W in the mail from Brent (hunter991...with discount) and this thing lights up the whole house! Can't wait to see what it does in the water...
Dane

I am still waiting for light to arrive. Can't waittttttttttttttttttttt..............:11doh: :11doh: :11doh:

You are going to love the light when you get it. I am sure you are doing the same thing I do when I am expecting a new scuba toy...check the door step every few minutes for the package of goodies, not want to leave as the new toy may come while you are gone and delay you in opening it. Your light should be there before to much longer. I sent it with the 4-10 day delivery via USPS...but not sure if they are accurate on their times or not. It will be worth the wait though.

My newest toy is a big ultrasonic cleaner. I have been cleaning everything I can think of. It is amazing how clean it gets stuff. Hmm, I must find more stuff to clean. Anyway....

Pook...I have asked salvo several times about manuals. They seem receptive to making one, they just haven't yet. I am like you. When I buy a new toy part of the fun is reading the manual to know the ins and outs of it. Hopefully they will get one soon and I will get one to you. Salvo is a small shop and I think they stay pretty busy just keeping up with the demand on their lights, they probably don't have much time to sit down and write a manual, but I would definately like one. When you spend that much money on something you deserve some instructions...even if they just say do not shine in eyes.

If ya'll are going to fly with your new lights I would consider printing some info from the salvo web page on them (I printed the manual from Halcyon) and pack the light with the manual. I would also consider printing some of the labels from the airstream press and sticking them to your battery. I dont' know if it helps but I have never had any problems traveling with mine using this system. They always open my case but never give me any problems.

Thanks for ya'lls orders. The scuba board discount still stands for anyone interested in Salvo products.

Brent

wunat:
I am still waiting for light to arrive. Can't waittttttttttttttttttttt..............:11doh: :11doh: :11doh:

Salvo canister light manual:

Look at light. If bright, dive. If not bright, flip switch. :)

Actually I wouldn't mind a little manual either, something that covers how to care for the battery but I believe they now have this info on their website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom