Cave Divers - Light advice, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got an update from Halcyon this morning and this was what they provided about the LED.

We've replaced the emitter with a newer Gen 2 model, which will look a little different. The Gen 2 is a multi-place LED, so when you focus it all the way down you will see what looks like windowpanes, this is normal.

So, it definitely seems like they've made another change to the LED - let's hope the brightness is still like before.

Beautiful scenery, is there significant flow in these? I notice you tended to be near the ceiling in some, is that intentional?

There is significant flow in Ginnie, and especially on the way in, there's definitely a benefit to being in certain areas out of the flow or in eddies which allows you to progress further with lower effort/gas consumption. Through the Gallery for example, most people get as high as they can and hug the left or right wall as you can get behind rocks and walls that jut out to stay out of the flow, water can also eddy in these locations which can help to pull you into the cave.

Through the Gallery for example, most people get as high as they can and hug the left or right wall as you can get behind rocks and walls that jut out to stay out of the flow, water can also eddy in these locations which can help to pull you into the cave.

Like dis:

Also more hot EX35 action, also staring a pair of Big Blue CB15000Ps.

I have yet to experience it myself but I hear from others that Dive Rite’s customer service is outstanding. Glad things have worked out for you.
I just want to see how you have the Ex35 mounted on the Razor mounting system. Thank you in advance

I just want to see how you have the Ex35 mounted on the Razor mounting system. Thank you in advance
The EX35 clips in and out of the razor mount without any issues. Hope this helps. If there’s something more specific you’re looking for, let me know.

The EX35 clips in and out of the razor mount without any issues. Hope this helps. If there’s something more specific you’re looking for, let me know.
I was more curious of how the lights switch base mounts on the razor. Do you have switch sideways? If possible can you attach a few pictures? Thanks again

I was more curious of how the lights switch base mounts on the razor. Do you have switch sideways? If possible can you attach a few pictures? Thanks again
Sorry Joe, I won't be able to send any good photos. My sidemount gear is in Mexico and I'm back in Canada. But the C clip is attached to the front of the light head with the switch pointing up and the striker on the bottom. You can (hopefully) see it in the attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    455 KB · Views: 20
Sorry Joe, I won't be able to send any good photos. My sidemount gear is in Mexico and I'm back in Canada. But the C clip is attached to the front of the light head with the switch pointing up and the striker on the bottom. You can (hopefully) see it in the attached.
Perfect, that’s what I assumed the layout would have to be. Thank you so much for taking time to help me out!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom