Second stage issue caused by flying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My regulator is always taken on board the plane with me. Same for my computer. Also, be sure to check your low pressure inflator hose where it screws into your BC.

That is an interesting statement.

It is my opinion that the TSA tried to disassemble my bcd on our last trip out. My bcd goes in checked luggage. Besides fins, everything else I carry.

I can't prove it, but I think it.

You had something similar happen?

My regulator is always taken on board the plane with me. Same for my computer. Also, be sure to check your low pressure inflator hose where it screws into your BC.
@Vicksburg Diver: Did you mean to write "corrugated hose" rather than "low pressure inflator hose"? My LP inflator hose remains on my first stage in transit.

If it was the corrugated hose, are you saying that TSA has been known to disassemble/unscrew the disc that mates the elbow to the wing/BCD? That's strange. I don't believe TSA has ever done that to BCDs in my checked luggage.

Edited later: I see that JCAT had the same thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom