Atomic Second Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HaloBlo

Registered
Reaction score
Ongoing working through inherited dive gear from other shops that closed down during COVID, including some parts kits.

I am a certified Atomic tech; but all my materials are in the cloud on a server I do not have easy access to because of an OS switch, so I do not have the ability to search through tech bulletins to double check this. For some reason I have the service manuals on a thumb drive, but don't have the tech bulletins which is where this info would be covered. I know I have them in the cloud, but I have to resuscitate a dead computer to get on the cloud server.

So the question:

When did the annual parts kits come with the replacement balancing chamber for the second stages? Were they an inline upgrade, or something that Atomic included for a while, and decided to stop including? If they were an inline upgrade, there a color change to make sure that the regs are upgraded to the new style?

In general, do the service kits stand up well to be used well after they were purchased? I know ScubaPro did some testing and are comfortable with not expiring their O-rings now that they stopped using clays for color coding. Does Atomic feel the same way?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom