Second Mexico Cave Diving Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which lines did you do at Nohoch? There are so many lines to do there. It's a great place to dive whether you're straight out of Intro to Cave or if you're a Cave CCR or Cave DPV diver.

That is a good question, I did the mainline to the right. And I think we did the mainline as well, but it was dark and it looked nothing like I remembered it.

Last July I did mainline, parker line, downstream, then right mainline to the mainline to the jump to the parker line.

Well my trip is almost at a end, doubt I will get another dive in.

• Did a stage dive in Mayan Blue, B tunnel to A tunnel's start. One big halocline followed by a dark tunnel, didn't make great video.
  • Did a deco dive on Zapote. Cool, but doubt I would repeat.
  • Did a pair of dives in Chan Hol, I really liked the diving, the mud not so much.
  • Did a pair of dives in Nohoch, really dark, it was nothing like the absolutely spectacular cave I remember in July.
  • And did a stage dive to the deep section of Regina through the backdoor, I enjoyed this so much that it hardly felt like the two hour dive that it was.

I am going to try to plan a third cave diving trip for spring. I have a friend that took advantage of XOC-Ha's Christmas special. I might join him for another two weeks of a working vacation. We both have predominately remote jobs.

agree with a lot of your comments. I like Mayan blue but b to a is the dive everybody loves as well as the death arrow passage, but they aren’t dives I want to do all the time.
I’ve been told by many locals don’t waste my time with hell’s bells. Only cool part of the dive is the bells.
I love Chan hol. My last trip in October was my first time there in ccr and I got to see more of the cave then before. It was so good we went back two days later and did pretty much the same dives
In October Nahoch was dark and hazy as compared to the 20+ previous dives I’ve done there. It was weird to see it differently than I’m used to.

I was reminded of this thread as I am putting together a trip for 2021.

I honestly want to visit almost all the caves I've been to before, but I also want to visit some new sites. But I only have so much time. :crying:

I was reminded of this thread as I am putting together a trip for 2021.

I honestly want to visit almost all the caves I've been to before, but I also want to visit some new sites. But I only have so much time. :crying:
I'm busy packing for my trip next week--my second Mexico cave diving trip. The first was exactly two years ago to the day, and it was all such a blur and my memories are so vague that I wouldn't mind one bit if our guide took us on the exact same dives we did with him two years ago. I remember reading this thread and thinking, "How does he keep it all straight in his mind?" A goal this time is to try to remember the sites better. Ideally, we would do the same dive several times until we gained familiarity, as I do in FL, but with so many options, even for the mainline-only diver, nobody wants to do that--certainly not me.

I remember reading this thread and thinking, "How does he keep it all straight in his mind?"

I find that writing it down, and even videos help. I can still fondly recall almost all of my Mexico cave dives.

But yeah it isn't quite the vivid as Florida is. I really wish I could spend a couple of years just living down there and diving every few days like I do in Florida. Though I doubt that I would be able to scratch the surface of all the dive sites.

Nice times as always on the third trip to Mexico (first half of November 2021):
1. Nohoch Nah Chich - 2h 41min
2. Escondido - 1h 12min +1h 15min
3. Dos Pisos - 3h 17min
4. Chan Hol - 2h 51min
5. Tortuga -1h 52min
6. Coop One - 2h 58min
7. Dos Pisos - 3h 01min
8. Outland - 2h 40min
9. Sac Be Ha - 3h 13min
10. Otoch Ha - 2h 52min
11. Monkey Dust - 2h 37min
12. Nai Tucha - 2h 54min

Would replace Escondido and Outland with Concha (to the left) and Pet Cemetery though))

P.S. records definitely help

This trip I am hoping to revisit
Chan-Hol
Nohoch
Xu-lo
Taj Mahal (Chinese Garden line plus something else down that way)
Mayan Blue - Want to see the Death Arrow passage

Thinking about adding Jailhouse and something else.

This trip I am hoping to revisit
Chan-Hol
Nohoch
Xu-lo
Taj Mahal (Chinese Garden line plus something else down that way)
Mayan Blue - Want to see the Death Arrow passage

Thinking about adding Jailhouse and something else.
Chan hol is one of my favorites and Xulo

Though I doubt that I would be able to scratch the surface of all the dive sites.
Just Florida with it's vast network is incredible. And then think about all the private land in Florida with clear springs that hasn't been touched because the owners won't allow it. There's a whole world down there we have no clue about.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom