second hand trilaminate drysuit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the replies. I'm trying to get the SANTI for a lower price.
Do you think that 800 euros for a E.LITE 450 almost new is a good price?

The seller told me that he has an E. LITE 450. I don't think exist this kind of model.
Anyway today I found a DUI TLS 350 signature series with p-valve and Halcyon pocket and turbo shoes. This suit have only 20 dives and it's almost new. He asked me 700 euros. I think I will take it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200307_205755.jpg
    Screenshot_20200307_205755.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 48
It smells like a horse is somewhere near. The Seaskin is better than most any off the rack suit, both Santi and dui have had seem issues, haven’t heard of that in Seaskin, the fit is up to you because it is made to your measurements, not a range of X to Y, you can buy 4 Seaskin suits for the cost of one DUI, if those used suits fit and are priced really cheap, really really cheap they may be ok but more likely it’s good money after bad when you need to replace them.

It smells like a horse is somewhere near. The Seaskin is better than most any off the rack suit, both Santi and dui have had seem issues, haven’t heard of that in Seaskin, the fit is up to you because it is made to your measurements, not a range of X to Y, you can buy 4 Seaskin suits for the cost of one DUI, if those used suits fit and are priced really cheap, really really cheap they may be ok but more likely it’s good money after bad when you need to replace them.
Seaskin is most certainly not better than most suits except if budget is your concern.

Santi and DUI have seam issues from people who dive A LOT and encounter regular wear and tear on their suits. Generally people find out when world leading explorers (their ambassadors) get a leak.

You think a waterproof bag that has to put up with abuse and is cut and stitched by hand perfectly to your measurements should never ever leak? It's like saying there should be no forest fires because we have smoke jumpers.

The reason you hear this about Santi and DUI is because they have a lot more customers while Seaskin doesn't have anywhere near as many.

Seaskin is most certainly not better than most suits except if budget is your concern.

Santi and DUI have seam issues from people who dive A LOT and encounter regular wear and tear on their suits. Generally people find out when world leading explorers (their ambassadors) get a leak.

You think a waterproof bag that has to put up with abuse and is cut and stitched by hand perfectly to your measurements should never ever leak? It's like saying there should be no forest fires because we have smoke jumpers.

The reason you hear this about Santi and DUI is because they have a lot more customers while Seaskin doesn't have anywhere near as many.
You may wish to research those issues, my waterproof bag hasn’t leaked and I do dive quite a bit. The fact that Santi and DUI have more customers has little to do with quality, they make good suits so does Seaskin and many others branding has more to do with psychology than quality, which you can see with key man pricing, all major brands are hoping to dupe the new people into follow the leader.

You may wish to research those issues, my waterproof bag hasn’t leaked and I do dive quite a bit. The fact that Santi and DUI have more customers has little to do with quality, they make good suits so does Seaskin and many others branding has more to do with psychology than quality, which you can see with key man pricing, all major brands are hoping to dupe the new people into follow the leader.
Is most of your diving off boats?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom