SEASOFT fully adjustable BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kent_1848

Reaction score
Anyone used the adjustable BC that is supposed to fit anyone from ~50lbs up to ~400lbs.? I'm thinking this would be a good purchase for my 11 y.o. so that he doesn't outgrow his equipment so soon...or ever in this case! I love this idea. He is already on his 3rd wetsuit!

We have one of those, it is delivered with an instruction booklet. You have to do some adjusting to get it to sit right - once it does it's good

Sounds like a bp/w setup might be a slightly better idea, as it is totally adjustable to whoever is using it.
Note that at age 11 he might be in need of a "smaller" size backplate than what is standard.

kent_1848:
Anyone used the adjustable BC that is supposed to fit anyone from ~50lbs up to ~400lbs.? I'm thinking this would be a good purchase for my 11 y.o. so that he doesn't outgrow his equipment so soon...or ever in this case! I love this idea. He is already on his 3rd wetsuit!

I don't know how large your 11 year old is. My daughter is 12.5 and is about 5' 2". The size of the BC looked huge as did the price.

I ended up buying a used Sherwood BC from the owner/instructor at my local LDS. The BC belonged to his wife who had changed size after having two children. He thoroughly cleaned it out and I picked it up $100. I then added an Atomic SS1 to the BC for a safe second.

My reasoning was as follows:

1. The SS1 can be attached to any BC if we upgrade her BC at some point in the future.

2. The Seasoft BC appeared to be very large and very expensive.

3. While I would normally not buy used life support equipment (especially rental) this BC is in excellent shape and the owner keeps his equipment in top shape.

4. For $100 I am not worried if she grows out of the BC in a few years.

All her other other life support equipment is either new or previously owned by me (bought new for me originally).

She just received her OW and Nitrox certifications memorial day weekend.

I don't know if this helps you out but it was the thought process I went through in a situation similar to yours.

Back
Top Bottom