Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only thing I really don't like so far is inner compartment in expedition pockets. For some reason, Seaskin didn't put any draining holes on it.
Also, I found out if I put my computer really close to QCS rings and cinch it down it will leak.
Overall, happy with my purchase.
For my pockets I also had to add my own bungees which was highly disappointing. But thats the only thing I had to complain about 😅. Added it by tying it through the grommet.

Pulled the trigger on my suit today. 2 separate orders. 1 for my suit @ $1275 shipped. 1 for my 2 undergarments, tech base layer, kubi gloves and extra seals @ $581 shipped. Shipping is $70 to WA so I needed to ensure that my 2nd order was over $300 to get break even on paying 24% duty for anything not my dry suit. Did find out that my Citi card does not have any additional fees for international payments AND I get nice points from this. Now I wait...

They are a bit behind on production. I ordered on August 8 with dispatch estimated for October 14. Emailed October 21 and got automated message that my contacts last day was October 16. Emailed alternate contact who said suit was going to be leak tested on that Friday. Called November 1 and told computer had crashed and that suit was done but they were working on the undergarments. We’ll see.

They are a bit behind on production. I ordered on August 8 with dispatch estimated for October 14. Emailed October 21 and got automated message that my contacts last day was October 16. Emailed alternate contact who said suit was going to be leak tested on that Friday. Called November 1 and told computer had crashed and that suit was done but they were working on the undergarments. We’ll see.

Yeah that sucks... ordered mine on 9/20, but with the exchange rate being so great I sort of expected delays as I'm sure they're flooded with orders.

I am really looking forward to the new suit, but I can't imagine phone calls or emails will speed things up.. I just hope to get it before X-mas. Been on the planet 38 years without a M2M suit...I can wait.

I just received my new Nova drysuit, which I got with the Rolock 90 dry glove system. I'm finding that twisting the gloves on and off is not that easy. I put more than just a slight wipe of silicone grease on them; that's what I saw someone doing on a youtube demo. Can too much silicone grease make them difficult to twist, or do they just need time to break-in? Thanks.

The suit came with these long narrow "bean bags", with the female side of a buckle on them; one in each boot. Anyone know what they're for?

The suit came with these long narrow "bean bags", with the female side of a buckle on them; one in each boot. Anyone know what they're for?
pics?

I know they sell something on their site for drying out the suit.. could that be it?

Sounds like their desiccant for drying the inside of the suit.

Did you get a separate email stating an est ship date?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom