Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It at the bottom?
Yes sir. Need to either repair the thing install something else.
So far seaskin said they would have to replace the zipper... not optimal considering I would have to ship from Canada.
Have to figure out something DIY. Will get on a call with them tomorrow.

Yes sir. Need to either repair the thing install something else.
So far seaskin said they would have to replace the zipper... not optimal considering I would have to ship from Canada.
Have to figure out something DIY. Will get on a call with them tomorrow.
Can you take better pictures as to what this actually does? To me it looks like it just prevents the zipper from opening too far?

I mean, it does suck that you didn't even get the suit wet 1st and something ripped, but now is a good a time as any to learn how to fix a drysuit, yeah?

Here is the bottom of mine, this is a replacement TiZip not the new YK, in my opinion this is probably unnecessary.
98735612-B317-477A-9B57-F9601FD8A95A.jpeg

Here is the bottom of mine, this is a replacement TiZip not the new YK, in my opinion this is probably unnecessary.View attachment 704838

On his, it's just to prevent the zipper from opening all the way? I don't think most have that anyway, right? (I'm not a drysuit expert like @lexvil:))

Yes my understanding is that its something to help prolong the function of the base of the zipper and its seal, by preventing it from deforming when you're pulling it apart while donning the suit. It's not crucial but definitely will affect longevity. I'll find a way to fix it.
And yes it definitely hurt having done this ahead of seeing water lol... The pain is real...

@admikar my suit suppose to be shipped 14th,
I was so busy that I just contact them only 25th, to find out they had shipped it the 24, but no chance to get AWB from seaskin,
the courier contacted me few days ago at that point I was aware that it was shipped.

@admikar my suit suppose to be shipped 14th,
I was so busy that I just contact them only 25th, to find out they had shipped it the 24, but no chance to get AWB from seaskin,
the courier contacted me few days ago at that point I was aware that it was shipped.
I called them yesterday. TBH, I don't know what to think. Story is that they don't have inflation valve I ordered (standard Apeks) and they are waiting for delivery (should have happened yesterday, since I called in the morning) and my suit will be shipped ASAP.
I find it hard to believe that they couldn't get hold of required hardware for 2 months, it's not like I ordered my suit 10 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom