Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure you pull the telescopic bit all the way up not makes a big difference.

Just got an email from Seaskin. MY suit is being tested today and if everything works out (fingers crossed) should ship Wed/Thu.
And then I'll stop agonizing about that and start agonizing over parcel trackers
How far from your original ship date will it be? My proposed dispatch date for a Nova was 02FEB2022. I called today and was told it will be 10 more days. We'll see. I found your order date earlier in this thread. I ordered on November 24.

That's not a critical part at all, it's mostly there to prevent the zipper getting damaged long term, I wouldn't lose crazy sleep over it. Seaskin isn't going to be able to do much without sending the suit back, maybe you have a shop there that does small suit repairs if you can't DIY?

How far from your original ship date will it be? My proposed dispatch date for a Nova was 02FEB2022. I called today and was told it will be 10 more days. We'll see. I found your order date earlier in this thread. I ordered on November 24.
Original ship was Jan 21st, so about 10 days late

That's not a critical part at all, it's mostly there to prevent the zipper getting damaged long term, I wouldn't lose crazy sleep over it. Seaskin isn't going to be able to do much without sending the suit back, maybe you have a shop there that does small suit repairs if you can't DIY?
Right, I am definitely thinking along the lines of diy repair. Not sending in the suit over this.
I can definitely see the zipper wearing out faster if this isn't remedied, so I will have to figure something out!

Right, I am definitely thinking along the lines of diy repair. Not sending in the suit over this.
I can definitely see the zipper wearing out faster if this isn't remedied, so I will have to figure something out!

I'm sure you could order a piece of cordura on or something on ebay and aquaseal it in to be beefier than what it came as. You might even find a place that's willing to send you a sample for free.

****Be really careful with aquaseal. If it drips anywhere on the suit I can't think of a way to get it out. Might not matter too much because you have a black suit. I would still use a drop cloth. Also, if you've never used aquaseal before, watch some youtube's and maybe even practice on something else 1st. It's not hard, but the 1st time will probably be your worst go at it.

****Edit - I know a lot of people are scared to work on a suit, but it's not rocket science. You can do it, and when you're done I think you'll be amazed at how easy it is. Clean the area well with something like M.E.K a lot before applying the aquaseal.

You can duplicate the function of this piece and protect the repair by keeping the outer zip closed a few inches as you get your arms in it.
Its on the other side unfortunately

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom