Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, the gloves are not going to stretch out and get looser.

What do you have on under them? Most people wear very thin gloves under the dry gloves. If you are wearing the same kind of gloves that one might wear normally as winter gloves, they are probably a lot thicker than what most people use, so, yeah, the rubber gloves would be too tight.
Just a pair of heated Santi's.

Never seen nobody with thinner gloves - but guess that's just Geographical differences:)

I received my suit a few days ago and the compressed socks and enormous! I can’t even fit them into my diving shoes because of the excess material. Any advice for large “rock boots” ? I wear a 13 but May need 14 or 15 to fit in

I received my suit a few days ago and the compressed socks and enormous! I can’t even fit them into my diving shoes because of the excess material. Any advice for large “rock boots” ? I wear a 13 but May need 14 or 15 to fit in
Double check the measurements you gave them vs your foot.

DUI currently has a "flood" sale on many of their products. If getting a pre-wetted pair of boots doesn't deter you, they are/were selling their rock boots for $70 (50% off MSRP). I got a pair that looked completely new except for bits of cardboard packaging remains which had disintegration inside the boots when they were wet.

All of the seam tape on the inside are tacky and will cause the suit to feel undersized as seams rub and catch against your underlayment.

ETA: here's the video from Seaskin.
Ok, I completely missed that step... chalking the entire inside of the suit. Thanks for the tip.

Not a great option if concerned about potential health complications (go read up on talc/talcum/french chalk) even if you find some unscented product without asbestos in it. Guess I'll do this procedure in the garage and with a filter mask on.

Ok, I completely missed that step... chalking the entire inside of the suit. Thanks for the tip.

Not a great option if concerned about potential health complications (go read up on talc/talcum/french chalk) even if you find some unscented product without asbestos in it. Guess I'll do this procedure in the garage and with a filter mask on.
You are not shooting it with a presure cannon and you are not using shovel worth of stuff.

The only foot measurements you give are length and shoe size. The length is fine there is just so much extra material on top of the foot.
It may work best if you use bungee for shoe laces or you may need bigger boots you just can’t know for sure until you try. I wear 15’s and my drysuit boots are 15, I can give you a pair of my old boots if you cover shipping cost.

Sourced from DGX (Dive Gear Express). Note, the Rolock 90 kit I received was missing the black glove rings (used for non-removable liner gloves). Luckily the gloves I am using are Showa 720 and so use the provided blue ring/o-ring combo. DGX responded that I would be sent a pair of black rings from the mfr... when... TBA. For the > $200 shipped cost, I want the complete kit for my money.

In the below link from another source they say the black ring is no longer part of the kit.

NB: the black rings in the photo are no longer in the, the blue rings are used for this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom