Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the picture. I would agree that based upon that, the manufacturer is Sea Skin. Hopefully FedEx will agree since they are threatening to send the whole package back tomorrow if they don't get an answer.....I can't believe that this stupid little bottle that I just threw in the cart as a "might as well" is F-ing this whole thing up.

The suit should have one of those bottles included, anyway. I.e. if you added one to the cart, you should be receiving two.

Weird that FedEx is being such a pain. My 2 suits each came with one and they didn't get held up at all. But, maybe that is because it was pre-COVID and maybe Seaskin responded to a query from them promptly.

Could you post here if his dispatches similarly early? Mine is scheduled for early October and I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a one-off.

I would be happy to!

DW

May be because your suit is from old England and your chalk is "French":):):)

Could you post here if his dispatches similarly early? Mine is scheduled for early October and I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't a one-off.

Texted with my buddy yesterday. His suit is also showing it is shipped, and waiting on pickup by the shipping company.

DW

Texted with my buddy yesterday. His suit is also showing it is shipped, and waiting on pickup by the shipping company.

DW

Thank you! Do you happen to know how if he got an email to that effect or if he had to check it on the website? I wasn't able to create an account with them (website was being wonky for me) but this is great news. Hopefully there's not a huge bunch of orders that came in the 2 weeks between your friends order and mine.

Thank you! Do you happen to know how if he got an email to that effect or if he had to check it on the website? I wasn't able to create an account with them (website was being wonky for me) but this is great news. Hopefully there's not a huge bunch of orders that came in the 2 weeks between your friends order and mine.

No worries!

Just got a return text, and he said that he did receive an e-mail. He just checked the tracking number and thinks that is in in flight to the States.

DW

I also got the email from Seaskin with the shipping information. 25 days ahead of the original schedule, quite cool! Looking forward to try it out!

Just got my 1’st Drysuit - Seaskin Nova - MTM with all the bells & whistles. The coolest one that all my non Diver friends like is the “Name + Country flag” option.
- Well my suit too was shipped by FEDEX to India & got stuck in Customs for 2 weeks. Fedex does not seem to be careful with all the customs rules. Apparently, the Indian customs rules has a value limit under which they would clear it as a courier, above which is a long process & if you are not a licensed importer ( am not) the process can be tedious. Anyways, after a lot of emails, pulling strings & I must mention, help from the local Fedex guy - it was cleared ( with slightly higher duty than I had expected).
- I chose almost all the available options including SiTech seal sys, Pee valve, base layers, 150 gsm under suit, spare seals & even gators ( now I don’t think I should have) .... with all of that landed cost was just under US$2000.
- The Nova suit material is though & heavy, The dry zip ( Seaskin recommends Brass zip so I went with it) is certainly not easy to zip/unzip & will need some careful practice. I won’t say I am thrilled with the SiTech neck sys (neck ring is a bit too heavy & rigid) but I like the overall concept of field replacable seals) However their cuff seals are fantastic.
- I am overall happy with the Nova’s fit however their 150 gsm Thinsulate undersuit has a front zip that is a bit too short so it makes donning slightly difficult and doffing really difficult - Seaskin should use a longer front zip.
- No Thanks to COVID19 - my suit is still dry & I am eagerly waiting for diving to start in my area so I can get hands on with both my new drysuit & all the Technical training we have been doing online for the past few months.

Reading many reviews on drysuits here helped me make up my mind on Seaskin Nova so thanks to all those who shared their experience & wisdom.

Back
Top Bottom