Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, I thought the zipper was a bit stiff! I wrote it off as my first time using a plastic zip instead of metal. I'll be sure to give it a good lube before next weekend!

Did you dive it? How was it?

Did you dive it? How was it?
I did!

My feelings are mixed. I found the fit to be great! No complaints here. I will note that the suit is a lot warmer on the surface than my old White's Fusion!

Where I have major issues is the standard boots with the drysuit. They were extremely positive - to the point there using jet pro fins, I had to put 2lb of lead in each pocket to get the feet somewhat neutral. I'm getting these replaced as we speak. I would really recommend choosing an alternative boot option. I'll try and remember to post a followup after the new boots are attached!

I am using a Bare Ultrawarmth Dry 7mm.

I have also used the Seasoft Ti Pro 6mm w/Zipper quite a bit.

The Seasoft may be warmer - particularly at deeper depths where (in theory) it does not compress as much as the Bare. But, the Bare is more comfortable, to/on me. And it has been adequately warm.

I got a Seaskin hood, but the face opening is so small I found it to be not wearable as it is and I haven't gotten around to attempting to trim it to work for me, yet.

I got a Seaskin hood, but the face opening is so small I found it to be not wearable as it is and I haven't gotten around to attempting to trim it to work for me, yet.
Same here. No way, to remove and replace your mask uw...too small indeed

Mine pushes down on the top of my mask to the point of pushing it down my face below where I can see out of it.

It just needs to be trimmed to fit... and I'm a lazy procrastinator with another hood that works... :D

So I'm eyeing a Seaskin, for those that got the Trilobite attachments, do they interfere with dive computer straps at all?

Also what temperatures are people diving the 150 and 250 undergarments in? I didn't see a recommended temp spec on the site. La Jolla Canyon had some divers reporting 48 degrees (inside recreational depths) so thinking 250?

So I'm eyeing a Seaskin, for those that got the Trilobite attachments, do they interfere with dive computer straps at all?

Also what temperatures are people diving the 150 and 250 undergarments in? I didn't see a recommended temp spec on the site. La Jolla Canyon had some divers reporting 48 degrees (inside recreational depths) so thinking 250?
You should also consider the ultra with 150 undergarments. I really like the neoprene suit. I think crushed neoprene is the best of both worlds. It dries in one night, stretches so it’s more form fitting, cheaper, and warmer. I dive it down to 17 C, mid to low 60s in just a base layer. With the 150 undergarments I think 48 would be a piece of cake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom