Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi there,

in your seaskin how is having reflective tape or bands during flash photography?
do you think it makes issue on pics result?
Something like this
257375325_4635358413209117_6823461950160837252_n.jpg

80 dives on my Nova now. No holes or leaks. I did not get crotch reinforcement on my suit, either. I only got elbow and shoulder reinforcements, and the Kevlar knee pads.

Who else has crotch reinforcement?
Any issues?
I got those. No issues so far (Disclaimer: I only have 6 dives on my Nova right now)

Can anyone recommend the best boot or sock size for me?

I am a size ~12.5 in US men's shoes (wear 13 in sneakers and 12-12.5 in dress shoes).

Seaskin's site offers foot size options of:
45-46
47-48
(There is no 46-47 option)

I am seeing conflicting size conversion charts online, but I believe I would be a size 46-47 in most circumstances.

I'm thinking 45-46 socks may be the best bet since if they were a little tight they wouldn't be as uncomfortable as small boots? I am worried about getting excess sock material bunching, or getting floaty feet in large boots.
Just wanted to add that you can try on a European walking shoe like Ecco or Mephisto at most "fancy" shoe stores and many department stores. They come in EU sizes, not US.

Is that protection pad bonded on the outside? In that photo, it looks like it was put inside the suit?
It looks like it is not bonded - but stitched (or bonded and stitched) (see pic from SeaSkin below)
In the photo posted above - attrition is along seam sealing tape edge.

Does crotch without this option have the same cut (i.e stitched insert there)?

Drysuit-Nova-CrutchRN.jpg

My recommendation would be to follow the seaskin recommendations. If you aren’t an instructor / planning on putting hundred of dives on your suit per year, extra reinforcement isn’t necessary. I have zero extra reinforcement and don’t show any signs of wear and tear in the potential reinforcement locations, over about 50 total dives so far.

Back
Top Bottom