Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Over thinking, both are good but I prefer the trigon as it’s pretty trouble free so long as you don’t over pressurize it when rinsing.

I have Trigons on both my drysuits and would put one on my next suit.

The Trigon has 2 check valves. One keeps water from outside coming into the body of the pee valve. If that one failed, water could come in, run through the pee tube and come out the end of the pee tube. If you're plumbed in, that's not really a concern. I use a dry break female QD on the end of my pee tube, so if I'm not plumbed in, nothing in that line will leak out into the suit.

The other check valve is what allows air in the suit to equalize into the body of the pee valve. If it fails, urine in the pee valve body would leak into your suit.

For outside water to get into the suit, both would have to fail (or come out the end of the pee tube).

Or, of course, water could come into the suit by going around the pee valve. But, that is true for any pee valve.
Trigon it is. Thanks

Can anyone recommend the best boot or sock size for me?

I am a size ~12.5 in US men's shoes (wear 13 in sneakers and 12-12.5 in dress shoes).

Seaskin's site offers foot size options of:
45-46
47-48
(There is no 46-47 option)

I am seeing conflicting size conversion charts online, but I believe I would be a size 46-47 in most circumstances.

I'm thinking 45-46 socks may be the best bet since if they were a little tight they wouldn't be as uncomfortable as small boots? I am worried about getting excess sock material bunching, or getting floaty feet in large boots.

Can anyone recommend the best boot or sock size for me?

I am a size ~12.5 in US men's shoes (wear 13 in sneakers and 12-12.5 in dress shoes).

Seaskin's site offers foot size options of:
45-46
47-48
(There is no 46-47 option)

I am seeing conflicting size conversion charts online, but I believe I would be a size 46-47 in most circumstances.

I'm thinking 45-46 socks may be the best bet since if they were a little tight they wouldn't be as uncomfortable as small boots? I am worried about getting excess sock material bunching, or getting floaty feet in large boots.
They’re not asking what size you want. They’re asking what size shoe you wear. They will then put the optimal size sock or boot on your suit.

For people that already got their suits, is there a way to check your progress on website, short of calling them and asking? My current status is processing. Will it change once they actually start working on my suit or it will stay like that until they ship it out?

They’re not asking what size you want. They’re asking what size shoe you wear. They will then put the optimal size sock or boot on your suit.
Not sure about socks, but the boots I got were labeled as 43-44 (as in the size chart).
I wear 43 EU (10US) and the boots run 43. No way to wear them if my feet were 44.

BTW, for less than two years have already got 2 holes in the crotch area - abrasion of fabric in this area (see one hole on photo), because of crotch reinforcement option I guess.

Attachments

• dc09c30d-7867-4267-882d-a99198b5063a.jpg
    dc09c30d-7867-4267-882d-a99198b5063a.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 143
For people that already got their suits, is there a way to check your progress on website, short of calling them and asking? My current status is processing. Will it change once they actually start working on my suit or it will stay like that until they ship it out?

It will stay that way until it ships.

Just had my first dive in my new Seaskin suit. I could not stretch my arms above my head in the water.
I could however on land after I took off my BC and weightbelt, so I guess I'm going to have to pay attention next time before I get in the water. The suit is rather stiff but maybe that will change.
It feels really dureable so I'm really satisfied.
I've got a first class suit with all bells and whistles I wanted for €1250,- all in...

Back
Top Bottom