Searching For Dive Buddies For Beaver / Table Rock Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoe123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This may be a long shot, but I am looking for some dive buddies for this summer. Or more ideally, a group of guys that I could tag along with. I live an hour west of Kansas City, the only "local" diving I've done is Beaver Lake.

I'd like to make several trips down to Beaver Lake this spring/summer, I'd also really like to get to Table Rock lake sometime too. I'm also open to other locations, depending on how the distance.

Hey Joe,

I might be interested in buddying up. I'm a bit further away than you, about 4 hours west of KC, but I'm interested in diving both locations this summer.

I have done dive training at Beaver, and been diving on Table Rock once. Have you been to either location before?

I've been to Beaver lake a few times, only been to the bluffs area at the dam site. I've never been to Table Rock, but there are a couple interesting things I'd like to check out like the General Pike wreck and the old Kimberling city bridge.

My wife & I have a boat on Table Rock & dive there all the time.
Let me know when you plan to come to Table Rock & we can meet up & do some diving.
We are in Nixa, about 30 minutes from the lake.
We always enjoy meeting & diving with new people.

My buddies and I are up at Beaver quite often. Just post as to when you think you're wanting to come down and most likely we'll be there. Summer time we dive wet unless we go deep. We camp and dive our butts off. Tenkiller this year isn't going to be so good here in Oklahoma.

May buddies and I dive dry suits so its year round for us. Our club starts about mid May. I will be up there next weekend with some of the "hardcore" divers that dive wet suits in 50° water. We have a Dam contest going on so it gets alot of divers in the water. Oklahoma Aquanauts is the club name and its more of a buddy board. Free to join as long as you have a c card, it dosnt matter where you live. We travel out of state at least once a month on a trip somewhere.

Sounds fantastic! I'm in central Kansas and we do have one "diveable" lake, but it's currently 10 ft down, with viz around 2-6 feet. Beaver and Table Rock are each about 6.5 hours for me, but well worth the trek. I can't swing this weekend, but I would definitely like to join your next meetup!

Back
Top Bottom