Searching For Dive Buddies For Beaver / Table Rock Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you be interested in having a beginner tag along with you?

What were you planning?

I haven't had a chance to go since last year on a cruise. The year before that I was able to get in about 3 on table rock. So not very many in the last two years. I'm hoping to fix that this year. I have a 5mil with hood.

Some challenges I predict will be refiguring my buoyancy and will probably be the first one out of air. :)

Not sure where we are planning to dive yet?
There is a houseboat between points 6 & 7 I want to go dive again so we may do that.
I am open to pretty much anywhere after that.
I will send you a PM.

I just got certified this weekend at Beaver Lake. After certification I found three wrecks. One was a double decker. It just came out of nowhere. I am super excited to find more wrecks.

I'm in Kansas City.

Not sure where we are planning to dive yet?
There is a houseboat between points 6 & 7 I want to go dive again so we may do that.
I am open to pretty much anywhere after that.
I will send you a PM.

I know where that double decker is, Beaver has a lot of great sites to dive.
We will be down there next month for our yearly beaver dives.
How was the visibility? I heard it is really good on Beaver right now.
Table Rock is still pretty murky, maybe 15 ft in some spots & temps were in the low 50's around 50 - 70 feet deep.
Still a good couple of dives this weekend though, I shot a little video of the houseboat we dived.

Nice Dweller! Where is this one located on the lake?

Google Maps

If you anchor in this cove & go down to 45 - 50 ft in the middle of the cove it will be sitting on your left.
Nice and not far away from the old bridge dive hint hint wink wink

I'll throw my hat in the ring as another KC diver who frequents both lakes.
So far this year, Table Rock has been hit and miss. Last weekend there was a muck layer that started at 11' clearing up about 24'. When descending through it you'd swear your mask was fogged up. By 30' depth vis was around 12', and opening up to 20' + past 60' depth. It's a little dark, but nothing a few lights can't fix. Lowest recorded temp I found was 59*.

Beaver surprised me a few weeks ago. Vis (even in the shallows) was 15' - 20', but I remember temps being a little cooler (low to mid 50's at depth). It may have started to warm by now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom