Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone or multiple people post this to Reddit.
A small summary.
A link to the go fund me site.
There is a scuba subReddit, but AskReddit ot news might reach more people.
I am a lurker on Reddit and not familar with posting.

Can someone or multiple people post this to Reddit.
A small summary.
A link to the go fund me site.
There is a scuba subReddit, but AskReddit ot news might reach more people.
I am a lurker on Reddit and not familar with posting.

Yes, I can.

Stay strong, Cameron! You've got a lot of people looking for you and praying for your return! Hang in there.

8E9688A4-2823-4204-8B31-D8AFE7DEA200.jpeg
F5DCC6F9-7849-446B-94DC-B76191625463.jpeg
Cameron Donaldson Search Update**** Last night we had people searching the North Shore. Today search planes flew for 10 hours, covering the area of 3 currents. We had a helicopter flying over the area where Cameron went missing. We had multiple boats out as well today. Unfortunately, Cameron is still missing.

Tomorrow we have 2 private planes hired, one leaving Playa de Carmen at 8 AM and the second flying from Cancun at 1PM. We also hired two helicopters, one is a high tech rescue and the other is a normal helicopter. The Government is also sending planes and helicopters. We have chartered more boats; their search will begin at 5:45 AM with boats leaving for Northern Cozumel, Puerto Morelos, Cancun and Cabo Catoche. One boat has a remote ROV that can reach 30 meters. There will also be 4 CCR divers going from 40-70 meters.

The US Coast Guard will be providing logistical analysis of areas we should be searching.

Thank you all for your donations, support and prayers!

Update -

No Cameron yet. All resources have returned to base and suspended their search until sunlight.

Tomorrow we have many resources ready. I hesitate to list them all here as I will surely miss a few. But let me try....

4 CCR divers will retrace Cam’s dive.
An underwater ROV will also be deployed.
2 private planes, one from Playa and another from Cancun
About 20 volunteers plus the local Army will canvas the north shore
Several private boats will search Cancun, Mujeres, and surrounding area.
SAR will have a plane, 2 boats, and a helicopter
Q.Roo governor is providing his personal helicopter.
Holbox is likely to have “Ports Closed” but local captains are asking permission to head out for emergency purposes. We have about 6 or more boats ready in Holbox if they can get out.
SAR has formally contacted the US Coast Guard requesting assistance.
Awaiting confirmation a private US pilot can search Cuba for us.

Apologies if I missed some, or errored in any way. It’s been a long day and trying to keep all this straight is overwhelming.

We still need more planes anywhere from Cancun and surrounding area, to Cuba and Florida Keys. Preferably twin engine planes or helicopters, but we’ll take what we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom