Seaquest Pro QD i3 OLD & New

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J-FRAME

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I,m a big guy 6Ft 5 and and 290 lbs This BC is for me BUT they have changed models in 2009. My question is do I want the OLD style or the NEW style. I can,t decide and why please. I vacation dive in Maui for three weeks once a year. I know barrrrrf sorry

The newer ones have some added reinforcement on the inside behind the I3 lever. Mine developed a leak here rubbing against me and during travel shipping. I sent it in for service and I was suprised when it came back it was an updated vest with an extra reinforcement panel. Clearly they had problems. The service was free via the local shop I bought it from. I had the BC for just under two years.

I,m not seeing the i3 on the new ones.Has it been discontinued because of problems???

No - They've always made the Pro QD both with and without the i3 option. Maybe your shop was just out of the i3 models.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom