Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seaquest BlackDiamond

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Aqua Lung Patriot

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of crotch straps, anyone know where you can pick one up for a SeaQuest Black Diamond? I just sold my Pro QD because of the same problem (plus it was a size too large), and it didn't take a strap, so I've moved up to the Black Diamond, but it seems to be a generic problem for me no whatever what BC I wear, or how well they are fitted. The crotch strap is listed as optional on the SeaQuest website, but I haven't seen anyone who carries them. Would another brand fit, or are they specific to each brand BC?

(( This question was "hidden" in the thread about the Zeagle Ranger Crotch Strap. Since it was a good question, I used my Moderator Powers to split it out to it's own thread ))

I know nothing about non-backplate crotch straps, but for a simple backplate crotch strap all you need is some 1.5" webbing and two tri-glides (you wouldn't want to scooter with such a setup, though).

Could you do the same for for a BC?

Roak

Isn't that NetDoc's nickname?

Technical Diving Lesson #1: Learn to use the available resources around you.

Some scrap 1 & 2 inch webbing, some sliders and a trip to your local shoe repair shop.

ID

or try calling leisure pro.

I've been diving for only two years on and off (PADI AOW/Rescue) renting equipment. What dy'all think of the Sea-Quest Black Diamond for rec diving?

Is it "too much" for travel / rec diving in the Caribbean?

Is it "too bulky" compared to other BCs? It seems versatile but would I really need that much lift in warm water? (Would like to get into u/w photo...)

...or put another way... how long do ya think it'll take before i finally get a BP/wing

Well... I had pondered the same thing for quite some time myself.

I know an instructor that dives the Black Diamond and loves it, uses it for everything (at least that HE does)

HOWEVER.... my final decision was that it was way to bulky for some of the things I'm beginning to progress into. Heavy technical diving you want to be as free as possible.

You'll hear this over and over again ... especially in this board... Back Plate and wings...

I prefer the TransPac II which I just purchased to begin my technical diving with. I might progress even further someday into the bp wing combo... which is quite similar to the TPII.

For photography... Your number one factor will most likely be "freedom" of movement... a traditional BC is NOT your best choice.

I've been looking at housings for my Nikon for quite some time and will eventually be getting into uw photo myself.

Best advice is try em before you buy em..

Good Luck :D

I can't comment on the Black Diamond but I have the Balance and love it. I think you will like Sea Quest but I don't know the specifics on the BD in order to specifically answer your question.

Good luck in your decision.

Chad

I've seen the Black Diamond - nice looking BC but looks too much for just Rec diving - tech diver territory if you ask me. I just bought a Pro QD+ which i tried for the first time on Wednesday. It is very comfortable. At the end of the day buy what you like and what feel comfortable in. Which ever Sea Quest BC you buy I'm sure will be good. They have a very good reputation for quality/longevity.

The Black Diamond is pretty bulky to travel with. My buddy has a Balance, and loves it. Much more compact, and if you're doing strictly rec diving, the Balance is great. If you're doing true tec stuff, you'd probably want to consider backplate and wings over the Black Diamond, anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom