Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seaquest BlackDiamond

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Aqua Lung Patriot

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys thanks for all the input all i was interested in is this...

I have a bp/w setup for doubles but in a pinch would the black diamond hold up double al80's. I have seen on other post guys using the b/d for doubles. I would not want to rely on a plastic back plate to hold doubles but the b/d is drilled for it so i was looking for other thoughts on it.

The Black Diamond has holes in it for the Scuba Pro webbing and 2 pair of wedges for the tanks that are I believe 6.9 inches, which is the steel 72's, I am relying on memory so I may be wrong.

AL 80's are 7.25 inches, The ABS Plate is what I was talking about that I have used for singles but would prefer not to use it for doubles, the Black Diamond where the tanks would mount is Plastic.

I recommend the BP and wing that is designed for doubles, but the Black Diamond could in a pinch work. But if it fails and the tanks come loose that will be a problem.

That is why I recommended a LP 121 pumped to 3500 psi, you can get a new Faber 121 for $235 shipped.

By the time you buy the bands and a manifold for your AL 80's you are almost to the price of a LP 121.

Plus when you go to the shop to get the 80's filled it is 2 fills versus 1 fill for the 121, and then you have the 2 VIP's for the 80's and you have to break the 80's down once a year for the VIP.

Not to mention if you want to do more than 1 dive with the Black Diamond it would be a real PITA to change out double tanks versus a single tank.

Please step down the hostility level in this discussion.

The last three posts in this thread were removed due to their abusive nature.

So please, let's keep this civil.

Thanks,

Does anyone out there dive with a Seaquest Black Diamond and what do you think about it? Any other recommendations.
I'm planning on selling my Dacor jacket type bcd. looking for something with a lot lower profile and integrated weight.
Thanks in advance,
montyb

If you search the board you'll find several previous discussions on this BC.

montyb:
Does anyone out there dive with a Seaquest Black Diamond and what do you think about it? Any other recommendations.
I'm planning on selling my Dacor jacket type bcd. looking for something with a lot lower profile and integrated weight.
Thanks in advance,
montyb

First Monty, welcome to the board. Do a search - this BC has been talked about a lot.

I had the Balance. Loved it. Went to the fluffy BD when I started drysuit diving. Uh, OK. Went to my BP/W and never looked back.

When I honestly look back at it, it was just way too much of everything for me. Too much padding, too may rings and bobbles and stuff and just too much. After diving the spartan Balance for som many years, I don't know what I was thinking going to it.

Actually I do. I thought it was a serious BC. It was actually (for me) just a serious mistake. I eBayed it after about 5 or 6 dives.

K

PS: Have they changed the weight pocket design, or do you still need to get to 30 pounds 3 pounds at a time?

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the wing on the BD and attach it to a SS backplate/harness setup? Just curious.

I currently dive with the BD, but I am going dry soon and want a much more streamlined BC (well... bp/w).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom