SeaQuest/Aqua Lung Balance BCD and Air Source - parts and maintanance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parts are still available as the seaquest bcd parts for the inflator and dumps are shared with more recent aqualung bcds. if there are multiple leaks or the bladder fitting is starting to crack would be the two most common failures that are not really worth the effort to fix. any patch job is bailing water out of a sinking boat at that point. also may have to check with aqualung about weight pocket compatibility if replacements are needed.

sea quest BC's have plastic that rots and degrades and fails catastrophically at the air fittings. In fact today, I saw one that was in like new, unused condition thrown in the trash at the dive shop, for the exact reason I stated. I would not recommend a 15-yr old seaquest!

If you want to buy an old BC, look for scuba pro. I have never seen a similar failure from their BC's - even older ones.

I have an early 00's Sea Quest Balance (original model with Velcro weight pockets) which has served me well and is in excellent condition.

With good care for almost 2 decades its still my main singles rec rig. All materials including plastics are in A1 condition still.

I have replaced the inflator hose and assembly once, but that's to be expected over such a long service life..

Unscrew you inflator hose/fitting, grab the threaded ring that is welded to the bladder, and try to bend it or stress it just a little.. A very good chance it will snap in you hands and you will thank and curse me at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom