Seaport Village Inn, Catalina, anyone stayed there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onbelaydave

Reaction score
Located directly above the Tuna Club, sounds really nice and Diver friendly. I stayed at the La Paloma last year and while it was OK, it was a LONGGG! way from the Pier or the Point. Trying to decide on a room, any preferences for a dive vacation? View,least amount of stairs,etc.

onbelaydave:
Located directly above the Tuna Club, sounds really nice and Diver friendly. I stayed at the La Paloma last year and while it was OK, it was a LONGGG! way from the Pier or the Point. Trying to decide on a room, any preferences for a dive vacation? View,least amount of stairs,etc.

Love it.

They provide transportation to and from the point via their carts. They have transportation to and from the Mole via their carts. They have Elevators to the rooms. You can roll a dive bag into your room. Its a nice walk up the hill and a good view of things.

Its far enough away from everything so the Luau Larry's wacky straw hat crowd won't bother you.

Unless you like that sort of thing....

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Love it.

They have transportation to the point. They have Elevators to the rooms. You can roll a dive bag into your room... Its far enough away from everything so the Luau Larry's wacky straw hat crowd won't bother you.

Unless you like that sort of thing....

---
Ken

What's wrong with Luau Larry's??, They make the best chocolate cakes......on the island.

As far as places to stay can't offer any help, but I heard the camping is great.

I just stumbled across their site tonight and was amazed how "cheap" they were , compared to some other higher end hotels. Do you have any room recommendations ?

A friend of mine owns Seaport Village. Although I've never stayed there myself (why would I, I have a home here), I did romp with a dive buddy there a few years ago. Loved the hot tub after the dive, the room was nice, the transportation shuttle to the dive park a big plus (and it's one of the closer hotels if you have to walk). Fairly new construction.

ICY ICE:
What's wrong with Luau Larry's??, They make the best chocolate cakes......on the island.

As far as places to stay can't offer any help, but I heard the camping is great.

Its just not my place. Plus there's usually someone in there playing bad Buffet covers... :10:

Party on, Wayne. I go to Avalon for the mellow hang. If I want to be around drunk SoCals in funny straw hats sitting in the windows or stumblng down the streets, I can stay local.

I like to be as far from that as possible when I stay in Avalon. Hence, the Seaport.

---
Ken

PS: I learned of Seaport through a reference from DrB, I think. I forgot about the hottub! Its one of the newer places - I like the rooms on the top level, the ones that face the street against the hillside. Quiet, easy and level access, close to the elevator.

Despite living here for decades before Luau Larry's came into existence (I even ate dinner there one night before they got their liquor license- back then the food was awful), I avoid it like the plague. It seems to attract a crowd that I prefer to avoid since my philosophy does not mix heavy drinking and diving. I've never had my Wicki Wacked and that's just fine with me! However, if it's your cup of tea that's fine with me as long as we don't dive together afterwards.

I've stayed there a few times. Nice place. Though sometimes the price I think is a bit high relative to some of the other places. The walk back with heavy gear can be tough, as you can not count on the cart ride. They are one of the few I think are really dive friendly and have place for you to rinse your gear. Rooms were nice, and a kitchen lets you do a few meals on your own. My wife really likes it. And at this time of year the air conditioning is nice, not all places have that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom