Seals in Jamestown, Rhode Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They kept sneaking up behind me like mischievous kids. The three of us dove in a line with me at the back and when I turn around I was nose to nose with one. If they vanished, that would be my warning.
So where did you see the seals??

I would be lying if I said that I don't think about GWs while diving in New England !

So where did you see the seals??

I contacted Francesea - the photo is actually from Dry Salvages off Cape Ann in MA.
I am still on the hunt to dive with some seals in RI. :)

Finally found some but had to travel to get to see them - Maine - it was fun and they were sneaky and graceful. They were all around but getting up close was the hardest part...

Finally found some but had to travel to get to see them - Maine - it was fun and they were sneaky and graceful. They were all around but getting up close was the hardest part...

Sneaky is right! What we did was line up our three divers, all facing straight ahead and Finn forward a bit, then the last diver in line could turn around, and the seal would be right behind, right in their faceplate. Then the seal, (knows he's busted) darts off. Then we repeat. Eventually they stopped darting off and nibble tested our fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom