SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the camera is in underwater mode, the display buttom allows you to go from pictures to video.

Thanks, much better! Why that info is not in the instruction manual I will never know...

I Dive,

They put it in the manual, but you have to look for it. It is on page 27 at the bottom in the notes section, the third note. For an underwater camera, it should be in the main instructions.

I Dive,

They put it in the manual, but you have to look for it. It is on page 27 at the bottom in the notes section, the third note. For an underwater camera, it should be in the main instructions.

Exactly, I didn't spend $400 on a camera to have to study the instruction manual like a textbook and hunt for hidden info... Thanks for the help!

I just returned from Belize where I used my DC800 for the first time on some dive trips and snorkeling. I'm pleased with the overall quality of the photos. Although I am sure some adjustment will be made to color on some of the deeper ones, I was surprised at the color it picked up at 50 feet without a strobe. Very nice.

The not nice part: on our second dive, the little metallic clip on the housing, which holds the lanyard just slipped right off the camera. Thankfully the camera is somewhat bouyant; just enough so that my husband noticed it floating away and retrieved it.

It seems to me that it should have been molded into the housing somehow, but apparently it's held in with a pin which slipped out.

I was pretty disappointed by this design flaw in what seems to be otherwise a great product.

Hi!

A few questions for the people who have the DC800.
Does the LCD display looks well underwater? For example in sunny days?
Does anyone use the flash diffuser for the bulit-in flash? The pics are much better with it?
I know that with external flashes the pics are funny.
It´s possible to do macro without any type of flash?

Thanks.

The LCD is easy to see( I had the sea/sea 8000 and couldnt see anything.
The external strobe works fine and may have to be dialed down a bit

Angeladeeanne,

That Pin is put in and then overmolded so it should not have come out. If you were to contact us for an RA#, we would swap out the housing for a new one.

Joe

The DC800 took a step backwards in the way the battery is charged. The DC500 charged inside the camera. The DC600 had an external charger which made it easy to use the camera and charge a spare battery. The DC800 regressed and uses the camera as the charger. You can't have a battery charging and use the camera at the same time. Sealife should have kept the external charger.

We do offer a travel charger seperate, SL1815, that works withthe adaptor included with the cameras. There is also a Travel charger Kit that comes with a spare battery, Travel charger and a 12V car/boat adaptor to charge on the go.

We do offer a travel charger seperate, SL1815, that works withthe adaptor included with the cameras. There is also a Travel charger Kit that comes with a spare battery, Travel charger and a 12V car/boat adaptor to charge on the go.

I did not see that listed on the website. Why isn't it included with the DC800 instead of using the camera to charge the battery?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom