SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all my macro shots are fuzzy. I did zoom a little. Also left it fully out and just put the camera two inches away. Still fuzzy. My dive buddy was almost laying his camera on the subjects and his are perfect.

FirstDive,

Could you send me some of these pics to look at. I would like to review them to see if there is a focusing issue.

Thanks
Joe

I think I might have sent it out as a PM but I do not recommend using the digital zoom at all, u/w or on land. You can get better results and control by handling on yor computer after.

BTW this is excellent advise for all digital cameras that have this feature, not just Sealife...

... And there is no way your breaking this lanyard.

It's not the lanyard itself that is breaking. It is the metal "d-ring" that connects to the housing; it is held by a pin. It is the pin that falls out, leaving the camera housing to float away with the lanyard still neatly attached to your arm or bcd, as the case may be.

Just beware, no matter what lanyard you might be using, the pin could come out. Keep an eye on your camera. :wink:

all my macro shots are fuzzy. I did zoom a little. Also left it fully out and just put the camera two inches away. Still fuzzy. My dive buddy was almost laying his camera on the subjects and his are perfect.

When I take macro pictures with the DC800, the center is okay, but the edges are blurry. My canon in a housing, from further away and zooming in, takes all clear pictures.

It's not the lanyard itself that is breaking. It is the metal "d-ring" that connects to the housing; it is held by a pin. It is the pin that falls out, leaving the camera housing to float away with the lanyard still neatly attached to your arm or bcd, as the case may be.

Just beware, no matter what lanyard you might be using, the pin could come out. Keep an eye on your camera. :wink:

Oh you ,mean that little piece of metal on the housing. Yeah, never used that from the first day I owned the camera. I drilled my own little whole in the plastic strobe base, and connected a heavy duty lanyard with the plastic covered metal. So when not in use, it tucks right up against my BC. Out of the way, and no way I can loose it.

Bought the DC800 and took it to hawaii for my first time using it. I am very glad I ended up buying it! Here are some photos...

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT0026.JPG
    PICT0026.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0082.JPG
    PICT0082.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 106
  • PICT0080.JPG
    PICT0080.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 99
  • PICT0115.JPG
    PICT0115.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0117.JPG
    PICT0117.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 96
Nice pix

nice!
The first few seem washed out. One time while trying to do what cannot be done, while trying to view my pictures in the housing while in "land" mode, I pressed one of the arrow buttons and this sets the brightness all the way up (why anyone would want this, I dont know). Anyway, it took me a while and more than a few lost photos before I could find the problem (in fact I could not, Sealife found it when I sent them a picture)

nice!
(why anyone would want this, I dont know)

Let me fill you in then :)

Under certain lighting situations, the camera meter misreads the scene. The exposure compensation setting is used to correct for this. If you were to fire up your histogram, and see that you were under or over exposing, you could fix that using your exposure compensation button.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom