SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah... but this is a one-press button that pushes the exposure way up... If I were to want to play with my exposure setting it would be something I'd want to do myself in small increments. This one-press/full-push cost me a picture or 2 when I first got the camera.

I cannot download video files to my computer. The book says that video clips should be in one of the DCIM folders but I don't see them. The still pictures are there but no video. Any help?

Figured it out. When running the photos thru slide show, I noticed that certain pictures said "no preview available". Double clicking on it started it up in windows media explorer. I love this camera!

The DC800 took a step backwards in the way the battery is charged. The DC500 charged inside the camera. The DC600 had an external charger which made it easy to use the camera and charge a spare battery. The DC800 regressed and uses the camera as the charger. You can't have a battery charging and use the camera at the same time. Sealife should have kept the external charger.

This is the way to do it, I have 3 batteries, and with the travel charger plugged into my truck always have a battery ready to go

I have had 2 of them now and Sea Life has been great to me and exhanged it for a DC 1000.
I kept losing everything on them. It would not turn off, or turn on, or go blank. There was some sort of programming problem apparently. THe DC 1000 worked wonderfully and I had no problems on a week long trip recently to Cozumel. The 800 worked for awhile during the week trips and then would just start having issues. I used them both 800s alot since I get to travel alot ... it wasnt like I just turned it on and it didnt work. It was toward the end of the week when this would happen. Then the next time I went to turn it on it was just dead. YES it had new batteries in it!
I had a backup lucky for me in the scorros before it went down. In Roatan, it went blank after a couple of days on the next one. SO far so good n the DC1000 so I would try to purchase that one. It is out and it is the newest.
Be sure to get extra batteries adn charger to carry with you on the boat! You will love taking pictures with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom