seacure moldable mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kensuguro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I did a search and I realize it's come up here and there before, but wanted to get some opinions in one place. I have problems with the default aqualung mouthpiece (with a bridge thing that runs accross the center) and so was thinking of switching to the defacto-standard "cheap" mouthpiece. Then I came accross the seacure moldable, and at just below $7, I'm thinking of giving them a try. I wouldn't mind making a bad purchase since it's not costing me an arm.. but would like to hear opinions and some fun war stories while I'm at it. :)

So how does the seacure thing work? I read it becomes moldable when you put it in hot water... so what the hell is this stuff? Is it durable and most importantly, reliable?

I've had my seacure for 2 years now and I love it. It's a bit of a pain to get on the reg at first, but once it's on, they're amazing. Mine still looks like its brand new, and it is still way more comfortable than any other one I've had. Don't know what it is made of, but I know it's easy to mold to your mouth, super comfortable, and so far lasts way longer then a standard mouthpiece.

Best $20 I ever spent.

kensuguro:
I did a search and I realize it's come up here and there before, but wanted to get some opinions in one place. I have problems with the default aqualung mouthpiece (with a bridge thing that runs accross the center) and so was thinking of switching to the defacto-standard "cheap" mouthpiece. Then I came accross the seacure moldable, and at just below $7, I'm thinking of giving them a try. I wouldn't mind making a bad purchase since it's not costing me an arm.. but would like to hear opinions and some fun war stories while I'm at it. :)

So how does the seacure thing work? I read it becomes moldable when you put it in hot water... so what the hell is this stuff? Is it durable and most importantly, reliable?

Send me your default Aqualung ones that you hate. I love them!

Never tried a Seacure, but having used other boil and bite sports mouthguards, I'd expect it to be made of the same kind of material, and so (provided that you don't leave it in the hot water too long and bite really hard, so the part between your teeth doesn't get too thin) should probably be as least as durable as the regular kind, since sports mouthguards are made from a bit tougher material than any regulator mouthpiece I've bitten on.

Not sure what you mean by reliable, if you're not talking durable, other than it should be less likely to accidentally come out of your mouth because it's held in place by more teeth, which all fit into the dents they made when you cooked it so you don't need to bite too hard to keep it from slipping...

I'd like to try a MantaBite myself, but they seem to just have the standard bite tabs rather than any sort of orthodontic type thing, and the wing looks less comfortable than a normal mouthpiece, but I've never actually seen or touched one, so if people are diving with them, they're probably more comfortable than they look.

Best mouthpiece I have ever tried. Can't say much more than that. Just buy it, you will like it, I promise.

Had one for 5 years, never bit thru it.

$7?...$24?...$32 here and wouldn't hestitate to purchase another...you really notice the difference with multiple dives.

sounds good. it says $6.99 on my diver's direct catalogue. (diver's direct is in the keys) I just checked their website.. the website says $27.99. Oh well, it may be a misprint. quite a difference there. But it sounds like a good idea. It's a no brainer at $7, but I'd re-think it for $27.99.

Back
Top Bottom