Seacraft vs suex DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've browsed this sub, couldn't find a lot of info into those two manufacturer. Which one is your go to? the best technology / most reliable ? Do they have customer service?

Realistically speaking, SUEX technology is outdated.
They refuse to upgrade to a more modern brushless motor, which seriously impacts range (due to lower motor efficiency) and noise.

Plus in addition SUEX have a lot of torque (hence the handle off by 90deg) and feel very heavy under water. Compared to Seacraft which has the best handling in the market.

I would genuinely struggle today to find a "good reason" to buy a SUEX in 2023/2024. If it's not that you have already a few SUEX, etc.

-----------

Fairly honestly, I feel that today if you want the top of the line, it's pretty much Seacraft or Genesis. It's been a fair while that SUEX has fell behind.

Realistically speaking, SUEX technology is outdated.
They refuse to upgrade to a more modern brushless motor, which seriously impacts range (due to lower motor efficiency) and noise.

Plus in addition SUEX have a lot of torque (hence the handle off by 90deg) and feel very heavy under water. Compared to Seacraft which has the best handling in the market.

I would genuinely struggle today to find a "good reason" to buy a SUEX in 2023/2024. If it's not that you have already a few SUEX, etc.

-----------

Fairly honestly, I feel that today if you want the top of the line, it's pretty much Seacraft or Genesis. It's been a fair while that SUEX has fell behind.
Genesis in Canada is not present I think even in the US… thank you for your review

I can ship you a Genesis to Canada. In the very unlikely event that you needed service, Jon Nellis in CA is very easy to deal with.

I've browsed this sub, couldn't find a lot of info into those two manufacturer. Which one is your go to? the best technology / most reliable ? Do they have customer service?

I can not speak for Seacraft but I have 2 friends that had horrible experience with Suex and its why I would never buy one. Both of them had battery issues and both of them had to send them back to Italy 2 separate times and they had to pay for shipping I think is was around 300euro each time to ship them. Suex customer service was horrible, no communication, took months to "repair" them, and no assistance with shipping even though they said it was under warranty.

Be for I bought my scooter I looked really hard a Seacraft, Suex, and Genesis. Suex I threw out based on my friends experiences plus if you go look at the specs. a Suex just does not compare to a Seacraft of Genesis for the money.

The Seacraft was what I had my eye on the most but due to the price and battery setup I ended up going with the Genesis. For the money I think you get the most value out of the Genesis. Also the game changer for me was the battery in the Genesis. I have flown my Genesis across the world with no issues. Also once you speak with Jon you will realize how much thought and engineering went into his scooters. He is also always available for support.

I can not speak for Seacraft but I have 2 friends that had horrible experience with Suex and its why I would never buy one. Both of them had battery issues and both of them had to send them back to Italy 2 separate times and they had to pay for shipping I think is was around 300euro each time to ship them. Suex customer service was horrible, no communication, took months to "repair" them, and no assistance with shipping even though they said it was under warranty.

Be for I bought my scooter I looked really hard a Seacraft, Suex, and Genesis. Suex I threw out based on my friends experiences plus if you go look at the specs. a Suex just does not compare to a Seacraft of Genesis for the money.

The Seacraft was what I had my eye on the most but due to the price and battery setup I ended up going with the Genesis. For the money I think you get the most value out of the Genesis. Also the game changer for me was the battery in the Genesis. I have flown my Genesis across the world with no issues. Also once you speak with Jon you will realize how much thought and engineering went into his scooters. He is also always available for support.
In guessing John is the owner/ manufacturer? Thanks!

Suex XJ-S
185 minutes run at 150fpm
5.3 mile range
940 W-Hr battery
Must remove battery from hull to charge
74# of thrust

Genesis 3.1
300 minutes
8.7 mile range
850 W-Hr battery (I.e. way more efficient motor)
Do not even open hull to charge
90# of thrust

Genesis is shorter and lighter, also.

Seacraft Future 1000 is comparable to Genesis. A little longer runtime, I think, thanks to 150 W-Hr more battery. Also longer and heavier.

i was told recently by a Seacraft owner that their maintenance schedule calls for new bearings every 100 hours, which costs around $1000. I do not know the truth of that but I would be checking into it before buying one.

Genesis doesn’t have any scheduled maintenance that I know of.

Also, replacing all the batteries in a Future 1000 is well,over $2000. You can replace all the batteries in a G3.1 for under $400.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom