Sea World Shark Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update.

I'm always looking for something outside the norm, so I might give some thought to doing this. How many people were in the water at a time? Do you have a link?

As an update from my post earlier in this thread, we dove Epcot Friday night. The 8 foot Sand Tigers were all over the place and in your face. What an awesome animal to look at from 3 feet!!! The turtle was also out, and very active. (Well... As active as a 550 pound Green Sea Turtle ever gets.) One thing I noticed this time, is that it's hard to get an overall image of what's going on. There are just so many fish, that if you just look across the aquarium, for a "big picture" view, it seems like EVERYTHING is moving.

Everyone had a great time.

Now, I guess it's off to SeaWorld... :)

my wifes father and cousin did the shark dive at the florida aquarium in tampa. i was going to do it with them but they only allow 2 down at a time. you are in regular scuba gear and not in a cage (although they do offer the cage if you want/are a scared little girl :wink:). you dont swim around a lot, you stay in one area but the sharks are swimming all around you. i saw the pics and it looked pretty cool. not sure of the cost.

haneym:
my wifes father and cousin did the shark dive at the florida aquarium in tampa. i was going to do it with them but they only allow 2 down at a time. you are in regular scuba gear and not in a cage (although they do offer the cage if you want/are a scared little girl :wink:). you dont swim around a lot, you stay in one area but the sharks are swimming all around you. i saw the pics and it looked pretty cool. not sure of the cost.

Now that we live in Tampa & are members of the Aquarium, this is one of the things that we figure we HAVE to do!

BTW, Epcott is expensive, but fun. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom