Sea World Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN:
The Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey California has divers doing those cleaning but the jobs are volunteers, not a paying job.

At the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi, the divers that clean the tanks are both paid staff and volunteers.

I'm interested in this also. Even if it was a volunteer thing, I'd still be fine with that. Does anyone know about this at Sea World - San Diego? I think it'd be really cool to clean the tanks and get to dive with all of those exotic fish :)

I was an employee and I'm a volunteer (Dive Team Captain) at Adventure Aquarium in New Jersey.

It's fun and rewarding overall. I've done both sides and to be honest, I enjoy the volunteer side of it over the employee side...but thats me.

If you'd like to know more send me a PM.

The Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific has a really good volunteer diver program. You have to have you rescue diver cert. to apply. No pay and 4 hours a week minimum required.

I would still be there except my job moved inland and I can't justify driving an hour each way after work to go scrub fake rocks.

The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA has volunteer divers that go in and clean up and take care of the exhibits. This is a link to the job description and requirements.

http://www.volunteertools.com//Tools/Opportunities.dll/Profile?SN=65080&Key=10003

I was thinking of doing it once I get Rescue certified, but they require 1 day a week, and Long Beach is quite the distance from my place...

check with Steve Gonzales @ Deep Blue Adv (210) 490.1500 in San Antonio, he worked at the San Antonio Sea World a few years back

smatterchu:
Thanks, guys. It sounded pretty cool to me.

Will, did you just apply, or is this something you have been doing? Have you talked with them?

I just applied last week...According to several people they told me Sea Worlds HR department is EXTREMELY slow at processing applications and calling people..but I hope they call soon - would be a good job :)

NitroWill:
I just applied last week...According to several people they told me Sea Worlds HR department is EXTREMELY slow at processing applications and calling people..but I hope they call soon - would be a good job :)

Did you ever hear anything back from these folks?

I'm still thinking about it myself. I've got little ones at home, and this would allow me to work and still stay home with them...as long as I never sleep. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom