Sea World Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talonraid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone out there ever been employed by Sea World as a diver, or maybe know someone who does this?

I'm talking about the folks who are constantly cleaning, repairing and working on the various pools, exhibits, animal areas, etc.

If so, how did you like (or not like) it. Also, what sort of salary/pay did you get?

I've sent a PM to Sharkgrl. Thanks! Haven't talked with her in a while.

I wonder if there are any new SB members who fit this description. I've been toying with the idea of something like this...

Thanks - TL

They have an aquarium in Virginia Beach and a friend of mine did it there and loved it. It wasn't even for pay, it was a volunteer thing. It just depends what you like to do. I'm sure you will have those who enjoy it and those who hate it just like working at INSERT ANY FAST FOOD RESTURANT HERE. I think it would be pretty cool depending on what you actually do. Good luck.

My cousin worked at sea world doing that very thing. She did it while she was going to school for her degree in marine biology. Didn't pay very well but like others have said, its more for the experience. I think it would be a pretty cool job to have. Especially if you could get involved with one of thier Sea Camp type things that they do. Being an instructor for those or a safety during thier snorkeling type things that they do. I've seen these job postings online in my searches. Just google it up and I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding something.

I once knew this cat named Shamu who was in the water there all the time.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey California has divers doing those cleaning but the jobs are volunteers, not a paying job.

I applied at Sea World here for a close/scuba-related job while i finish school off. Pay was stated to be ~$12-14/hr. Good way to stay wet and make some decent money on the side :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom