Sea Tiger from the Inside

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, today was another great day under Oahu. Plans and boats changed early in the morning, and we evenutally loaded up 4 sets of doubles and deco bottles (Scuba and Dream, VblueV, Jimbo and myself) on Jimbo's boat to head over to the Sea Tiger. The weather was great, light wind, no swell and lake-like conditions.

We get the buoy on the Sea Tiger without another boat anwhere around (except the parasailers) and started in with the pre-dive briefing (you pick the method you like). VblueV and Jimbo were one team and checked out the bow area of the Sea Tiger. Scuba and Dream and I made up the other team. We jumped in, hooked up our stage bottles, did our checks and headed down. Viz was good, about 80-100foot and water temp was 79 degrees. We hit the lower port side, towards the bow, of the superstructure and Sherman made the first ties. We did one last gas (edited per Jedi Master)/time check and we were in. This was my first true penetration dive and it was awesome. We explored an area that Sherman has been before, but he learned some new things about the the area and explored it a little further than the last time. He also found the bathroom, no more having to wait to surface. :D

We turned at our time mark and proceeded to exit. Once we were out we had a lot of gas (edited per Jedi Master) left so, at Sherman's request, I recalculated our dive/deco schedule and off we were. We explored the site a little longer from bow to stern and back to bow again before we started up. Deco went off without a hitch and 60 minutes after we left the surface broke it again. All that and we still had half our gas (edited per Jedi Master) remaining in the doubles. next time we'll have to stay a little longer.

:14:

I have said it before, but have to say it again now.
---I live for deco.

Pics are coming. Sherman shot video and pics today on the dive that I led. Probably will be in a new thread.

Here you go, Jay can narrate if he wants to :) ... time to map this thing!

5th Picture is Epic...and needs to be your new avatar Jay. Good job today.

Jay1.JPG

Jay2.JPG

Jay3.JPG

Jay4.JPG

Jay5.JPG

Jay6.JPG

Jay7.JPG

there is a marine/scuba graveyard down there?....:rofl3:

Wow . . .even Snorkeler Remains --how creepy is that?:D

And yep, that is a tight fit underneath the grating with Doubles on (exactly where I got hung up:11: )

Here's the Profile me & Jo did on Sea Tiger a while back:

Dpth: CuFt: Time(min):
120 104.32 30
110 0.98 0.3
100 0.91 0.3
90 2.80 1
80 2.57 1
70 7.02 3 EANx 50 switch
60 6.34 3
50 1.89 1
40 1.66 1
30 2.86 3
20 12.05 10
10 2.93 3
-->or from 20' to surface at 4-6fpm

SCR: 0.75cuft/min.
MGR to 70' gas switch: approx. 30cuft
Dbl's AL80's with 21/35 mix, and an AL40 of Nitrox 50%

(Bringing the X-Scooter next time). . .

1. Jay not in the water.
2. Jay in the water.
3. Jay.....

Ahhhhh, you get the idea.

It was a great day and another great dive. I must heap praise upon my master as he has taught me well.

We had a nice 35 minute bottom time again and then of course the deco. Love it, love it, love it. The viz was a lot better today as well and there was absolutely no current. We were able to see the Sea Tiger during the whole deco cycle. It was a really great day all around.

Funny you mention the X-scooter. I told Sherman that the next time he teaches wreck that he needs to bring that around just scoot around between students. Great way to simulate a siltout (not really advocating that).

Back
Top Bottom