Sea Scooter flooding problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You purchased Junk and you got junk results what did you guys expect.
Well that was a useful replyl. Did they somehow offend you by posting fixit ideas?
I hope you feel better now. :coffee:

Thanks AHeavyD for your advice. I was able to open the lower battery housing to get to my controller. There I found a loose wire that needed soldering. Once I did, my sea scooter works great in my pool! I like fixing things first before just trashing a couple of hundreds and starting over! Good advice! Thanks!

X-treme wants $50 a controller. I think I am going with a land-scooter control board and roll the dice. I have 4 to fix so it adds up :) Anyone try this trick yet?

X-treme wants $50 a controller. I think I am going with a land-scooter control board and roll the dice. I have 4 to fix so it adds up :) Anyone try this trick yet?
Hi Pavelow-drv! Did you use the land-scooter controllers in your seascooters? If yes, please let me know which ones you bought etc.

I have just bought 4 seascooters and 2 completely failed after 15 minutes. The Computer board fried on one and melted the battery holder plastic. The motor burnt out on the second one. Both failed after 10 - 15 minutes in the caribbean sea. The other 2 are not as quick as they were on the first outing. I have only used them twice.

I am in the process of sourcing upgraded ballbearing motors and simple speed controllers. I just want one speed! On and off. Nothing fancy. These are going to be used primarily for snorkelling - so they won't get much diving use. It seems that the manufacturers have tried to over-complicate the machines with all of the technology but they have done it cheaply and the reliability has suffered. They are great value for money - but they need tweaking.

If anyone has any experience in upgrading the motors or replacing the speed controllers in these no name seascooters please get in touch. My machines are the Blue 350w machines! One of them had a 250w motor in it! Yeah really! I haven't checked the other three yet.

Back
Top Bottom