Sea Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam let's say for the sake of argument it was a rash statement. Read the first post. Your trivia is cool. It is off topic. I also politely suggested you start your own thread and let this one get back to it's original intent. I'm not sure you were told you couldn't add anything. The purpose of the thread was to see who got started down the road of diving due to watching sea hunt. I again would like to see you start your own thread because I find the trivia of intrest. I would like to see others responses to your questions. Like I said you are much more knowledgable than I when it comes to this or I would start the thread. If I have offended you by my comments I apologize. As the OP I think I know the intent of the thread though and it wasn't trivia.

"Danger is My Business" If memory serves me correctly, there was a TV show with that same name in the '50 ies. Along with Sea Hunt it was one of the programs that inspired me to become a diver.

I know the OP has asked for another tread to be started, but I must beg Sam, Captain and Thalassamania to tell me I am not imagining things.

couv

COUV
I don't have any problem with questions like yours. The show got you into diving. My only request was to keep the thread on topic which you have done. I appreciate the knowledge of the above mentioned posters and would like to hear more from them, only in the right thread. I say this with no ill will or challenge even though I've been challenged as to what I can contribute.

Sorry, but on ScubaBoard, how many threads stay on topic after 50 posts, let alone over 100?

Check the seller 'Juke_Box_Theatre' on eBay. Search eBay under: "sea hunt" dvd.
His complete 4-volume sets run about $100, $20 cheaper than his own Amazon price, and $30 cheaper than some competitors. If he doesn't have all four volumes in one single auction, check back constantly as he does put them up fairly often.

BTW, there ARE FOUR volumes by this manufacturer, and the last remaining episodes number just right to fill a fifth volume, so does anyone have the scoop on whether the distributor, manufacturer (or whoever) plans to put out that fifth volume any time soon?

Mike Nelson taught me that it was a good and noble thing to tell a whapper.
The sea without fish stories is like food without salt and pepper.
Without Homers Illian ancient history would be a little less aluering.
Without Shakespears works our language would be less vibrant.
Bay Watch mythologised the lifeguard proffession world wide and put us back on the map. Stories and myths are so important for the health of human imagination and culture. We don't fully appreciat just how important they are. Sea Hunt did that in a v big way. That is why vintage scuba gear is becoming so important. Those old regulators give evidence to somethings that truely might have happened at one time. They happened in the world of the imagination where Santa lives for children. Down deep there is a kid in each of us who secretly wouldn't mind runing into Mike Nelson if we got into a jamb someday tangled in the kelp or traped in the bowels of a wreck running low on air, or rescued from some dedicated Mohamedans just before they behead us on vidio next to a back water canal leading to the Persian gulf.

"Jesus Akbar" Merry Christmas everyone

patymeboy:
Mike Nelson taught me that it was a good and noble thing to tell a whapper.
The sea without fish stories is like food without salt and pepper.
Without Homers Illian ancient history would be a little less aluering.
Without Shakespears works our language would be less vibrant.
Bay Watch mythologised the lifeguard proffession world wide and put us back on the map. Stories and myths are so important for the health of human imagination and culture. We don't fully appreciat just how important they are. Sea Hunt did that in a v big way. That is why vintage scuba gear is becoming so important. Those old regulators give evidence to somethings that truely might have happened at one time. They happened in the world of the imagination where Santa lives for children. Down deep there is a kid in each of us who secretly wouldn't mind runing into Mike Nelson if we got into a jamb someday tangled in the kelp or traped in the bowels of a wreck running low on air, or rescued from some dedicated Mohamedans just before they behead us on vidio next to a back water canal leading to the Persian gulf.

"Jesus Akbar" Merry Christmas everyone

Moving thoughts and insights...so true.

From Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com/

Lloyd Bridges:

"B.A. from U.C. Berkeley. [1936]

Father of Beau Bridges and Jeff Bridges.

Father of Cindy Bridges.

Grandfather of Casey Bridges, Jordan Bridges, Dylan Bridges and Emily Bridges

Was considered for the role of Captain Kirk on "Star Trek" (1966).

Grandfather of Isabelle, Jessica, and Haley

In 1914, was awarded the winner's cup in a fat-baby contest by its judge, former-President William H. Taft, who thought Lloyd was as fat as he was."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom