Sea Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uspap

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen this as a repeating topic. Who remembers watching this show? I saw it back in the 60's and fell in love with diving because of it. How many others got interested in diving because of this show? I would always look forward to the diving scenes. I actually have not seen the show since.

I did a search and didn't find this topic. If it has already been covered I'm sorry.

I have all of them on DVD. While I am too young to have seen Sea Hunt on TV, I do remember the re-make. I even have my kids watching Mr Nelson save the day in 30 minutes.

Loved that show. Though I was just a little kid, I think it imprinted scuba in me at an early and impressionable age. I remember playing Mike Nelson in the bathtub and the backyard pool with a snorkel. Learned mouth breathing at an early age as a result.

The show has recently come out on DVD.

ScubaRev:
Loved that show. Though I was just a little kid, I think it imprinted scuba in me at an early and impressionable age.

Yep... same here. Recently started getting the DVDs and rewatching... great fun...

J.R.

uspap:
I have seen this as a repeating topic. Who remembers watching this show? I saw it back in the 60's and fell in love with diving because of it. How many others got interested in diving because of this show? I would always look forward to the diving scenes. I actually have not seen the show since.

I did a search and didn't find this topic. If it has already been covered I'm sorry.
our LDS runs a monthly Sea Hunt Night where we watch a few episodes and eat pizza. Even the younger crowd enjoy it although the newer divers try to mimic his swimming technique too often:D

Yeah, Sea Hunt and Flipper got me interested in diving. I used to see Sea Hunt on cable a couple of years ago but not anymore. Need to get the DVD's.

james croft:
Yeah, Sea Hunt and Flipper got me interested in diving. I used to see Sea Hunt on cable a couple of years ago but not anymore. Need to get the DVD's.

Same here....those and the Jacques Cousteau and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea shows.

Yeah, Voyage to the bottom of the Sea. I want to get my hands on the mini sub that could fly. Cool man. I watched Seahunt and Flipper as well.

Jim

uspap:

Oh yeah....Sea Hunt (or as my father called it, 'Sea Lung') and "Danger is My Business". I remember walking to the theater one day and found an old set of spark plug wires. I sat through the movie with my “regulator” in my mouth.

Because of those old TV shows I decided to become a diver.

Unfortunately, I am old enough to remember watching the show on its original run. I even had a battery operated "frogman" from that era. I recall numerous underwater fights, usually ending with Nelson ripping the face mask off his opponent or, worse, cutting his regulator hose... I also recall rescues from underwater caves where frightened victims were given a crash course in scuba (bite down on this and breathe). And, of course, the numerous trips to the chamber. They don't make them like that anymore. In real life, Lloyd Bridges was supposedly a man's man, as he was on the show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom